Network training/certification question

okay, i have taken the SANS GSEC training and passed the associated certification exam. time has come again to register for the local SANS conference, but i don't know what training to go for. your advice in making this decision would be greatly appreciated.basically, i am interested in network security specifically, and would like to learn more and improve my skills in that arena. if i end up specializing in security at my next job that'd be great. focusing on network behavior, security issues, and getting far, far away from fixing printer paper jams, and installing software would be great. right now, i am the IT Manager for a small network, and have just recently gotten a part time helper. basically, i'm in charge of fixing everything that is powered by electricity as well as taking on management and higher-level IT functions.

i know that i would like to get my CISSP. it is a hot cert right now, and would really help me take my career to the next level. it would help me get into government and contract-for-government jobs specifically since many of those are requiring or emphasizing that cert. however, i would also like to take some of the more technical trainings that SANS offers. frankly, i'm not sure i'll be ready to move on to a new job this fall so getting the CISSP may not be necessary over the summer, but can be something i do on my own during the winter or go to the SANS training next year.

the technical trainings i'm considering are:
Auditing Networks & Perimeter Systems
Firewalls, Perimeter Protection & VPNs
Intrusion Detection In-Depth
Hacker Techniques, Exploits & Incident Handling

TIA,
big boi

Back