NetworkCable with Laptop

Don't come into this subforum much but now that I got my father a notebook (Dell E1505) I believe I will be fixing many things.

Anyway, this computer uses the built-in wireless card, so the network card for a hardline will go unused. There will be a day when it actually is used but that is not any time soon (meaning I can't disable it).
My question is, how do I turn off the icon in the task bar that says (when hovering over it) "A network Cable is unplugged"?
It is just annoying to look at and am here right now using the wireless card. I worry that my computer illiterate father will think something is wrong with his new computer.

I have gone into properties and unclicked both notification choices (If its plugged in, or if the connection is lost) and after 2 or 3 restarts it is still there. Anyway to get rid of it for good?

Disable it, then reenable it when you need it. You have to put these two things on a scale, the annoyingness of the message, or the annoyingness of having to reenable your lan when you need to use it.
Fear------------------------------------------Love
You pick
It is that simple

Back