Networking broken on HTPC

Modred189

Can't Read the OP
My HTPC has a Gigabyte H87N-WIFI motherboard, Windows 10, 8gb ram and running off an SSD with the onboard AC wireles adapter, and something is happening with the networking.
EVERY time I boot up, it's fine, but after about 5 minutes, the internet connection no longer functions. When I hit the troubleshooter, it says:
"one or more network protocols are missing on this computer"

Repairing as an administrator does nothing.
Opening the wireless adapter properties, and I find the "Microsoft NEtwork Adapter Multiplexor Protocol is not checked.

Disabling and re-enabling the network adapter temporarily fixes it. But eventually it fails again, requiring the same song and dance. Obviously, this makes online games difficult.

Ideas?

I just reset windows 10, and it did not fix the problem. Maybe a wifi card issue?

An now, I figured out that switching to my 5ghz signal works. Why would this only be an issue on 2.4?!

Searching the windows 10 forums there are a ton of issues with this from disabling smbv2 and smbv3 to restoring registry keys from a known working box. Seems really hard to narrow down unfortunately and you'll just need to start testing fixes, or just use the 5ghz one.

Searching the windows 10 forums there are a ton of issues with this from disabling smbv2 and smbv3 to restoring registry keys from a known working box. Seems really hard to narrow down unfortunately and you'll just need to start testing fixes, or just use the 5ghz one.
Alas, I've read them all at this point, and tried everything but that registry key migration. That makes me a little nervous. At this point, I'm going to roll with 5ghz. It seems to be working well enough for now. I have a Netgear Nighthawk r7000. Normally, i have dedicated the 5ghz band to tablets and phones, but this should be fine.

Back