Never getting my X800XT-PE

blbrchnk

Limp Gawd
Well just called back CDW today about my backorder on my x800xt-PE and they said that they expect them in, in another 2-3 weeks. that is when my initial ship date was somewhere around the end of June. I definately think that i am going to try and either find me a x800Pro VIVO or a GF6800GT that will hopefully give me some decent numbers in the overclocking field. Any suggestions, and a place to actually purchase one would be helpful as well. Thanks

Dude, I ordered my BBA X800 Pro almost 2 months ago now - enjoying it ever since !!

blbrchnk said:
Well just called back CDW today about my backorder on my x800xt-PE and they said that they expect them in, in another 2-3 weeks. that is when my initial ship date was somewhere around the end of June. I definately think that i am going to try and either find me a x800Pro VIVO or a GF6800GT that will hopefully give me some decent numbers in the overclocking field. Any suggestions, and a place to actually purchase one would be helpful as well. Thanks

Most CompUSA's have the PNY 6800GT in stock as well as ATI x800 Pro's. That would be the fastest way assumming one is within driving distance and they are both going for $399.99 +tax.

Otherwise you can check froogle.google.com/www.pricewtach.com/www.bizrate.com to see what online retailers have them in stock.

I preordered a X800 XT PE from CDW on 7/7 with an original ETA of the 12th, but now they don't have a clue. I've ordered a 6800GT from zipzoomfly in the meantime, i know it's an awesome card and with a simple oc it'll become a $500 ultra. And if, a big if, I ever get my X800 XT PE, i'll just sell the 6800gt.

Hello. I got an x800 XT PE a little while ago and for my second machine i bought a X800 Pro VIVO sapphire. I flashed the X800 Pro with the gigabyte bios and did a 3dmark with them both. With my X800 XT PE i got 12234 Marks in 3dMark03. And with my X800 Pro with 16 Pipeline unlocked and running at the same core and ram speed. I got 12256 3dMarks. Kind of wierd that the X800 pro unlocked beat out my X800 PE. Newegg sells the Sapphire X800 Pro for 418 which has the VIVO. It dosnt say VIVO but look down the page and it says Video In: Supported Video Out: Supported. My buddy has the 6800GT which he bought from Compusa. He likes it and that card also over clocks very well but when i Put it in my machine clocked at the same speeds as the ultra and I got 11494 for a 3dmark score. Its not a huge difference but its almost 1000 3dmark difference. Plus you only need one plug in and you don't need to buy a different power supply unless you already have a 400 watt and above PS. As of now I see no difference in anything with the X800 Pro and the XT in gaming. I hope this helps some people not to jump off the ATI bandwagon. Remember I didnt use anything but stock cooling on the X800 pro so with some tweakmonsters and maybe an Artic cooler for the card the posiblilites are endless.

Turbomaxxx.

I preordered a X800XT from cdw on 6/8.. I'm pretty disappointed in ATI and nvidia somewhat also, they launched these video cards in early april and they still haven't produced many units. They were announced way too early, and it's really frusterating for people who preordered and bad for the reputation of the companies taking them(some ignorant people will look at companies poorly because the date changes when it's really the suppliers fault). I know i'll have my card by the end of july.. only thing I wonder is if it's going to be july of the year 2020.

dopexile said:
I preordered a X800XT from cdw on 6/8.. I'm pretty disappointed in ATI and nvidia somewhat also, they launched these video cards in early april and they still haven't produced many units.

the 6800 was released april 14th, but the x800pro and x800xt were actually launched on may 4th and may 21st respectivly.

My buddy has the 6800GT which he bought from Compusa. He likes it and that card also over clocks very well but when i Put it in my machine clocked at the same speeds as the ultra and I got 11494 for a 3dmark score. Its not a huge difference but its almost 1000 3dmark difference. Plus you only need one plug in and you don't need to buy a different power supply unless you already have a 400 watt and above PS. As of now I see no difference in anything with the X800 Pro and the XT in gaming. I hope this helps some people not to jump off the ATI bandwagon. Remember I didnt use anything but stock cooling on the X800 pro so with some tweakmonsters and maybe an Artic cooler for the card the posiblilites are endless.

oh my god, im about to defend nvidia. anyway the 6800 GT only requires one power connector not 2. it still requires 2 pci slots though but i dont see that as a big deal. Also not all x800pro's can be flashed. i think 6800gt vs x800pro in stock form the 6800 gt is the victor. its a 16 pipe product period and im guessing you didnt overclock on those results (as far as the 6800 gt is concerned) because it overclocks to near ultra levels and in some cases even more. also the drivers you probably installed from nvidia's website are dated april 1, 2004. these are very old drivers and if you installed the beta drivers you would see a huge difference. it would make up more then that 1000 points. (beta drivers will probably be whql certified by the release of doom 3 8)). anyway thats all i can think of at the moment other then sm3.0 support and nvidia's deep pockets.

oh the XT PE and the ultra are on a more level playing ground but in the GT vs the PRO i have to give it to nvidia.

ps they both are equal price...

You can get a X800XT-PE within 2 weeks of order date if not sooner DIRECT FROM VISIONTEK! Italked to someone from visiontek on the phone today and placed my order, whats kinda cool is that i just realized that their main building is about 40 mins from my house, maybe ill break in there and talk a pallet of them lol.

http://shop.ati.com/product.asp?sku=2537962

if the ati shop cant get them till october id say your best hopes arent looking to well,

bottom line i think ati was planning on the pro for its new gen cards. the x800xt seems to be a quick retaliation for nvidias trump card,, nvidia laid all of its tech and possible speed on the table at once.

ati was trying to hold back nvidia put basically every card they had down on the table.

the great part about it is that we the consumers win.

How do we win if nobody can buy the cards?

(btw.. im not attacking you.. i was looking to buy an X800 until D3 was announced gold.. now the damn things are sold out everywhere.. I love ATI but i may just have to get the 6800GT because they are in stock

ive been using my evga gt for 3 weeks now, @ 430/1170

im just sorry i dont have any games that push it

it still requires 2 pci slots though but i dont see that as a big deal

huh? Mine doesn't.

I could have had any card I wanted, but I decided to do the smart thing and get the GT. I didn't say money was no object, but I said I could have any card I wanted. The GT is the best value there is, and I like to think my whole rig is the best you can get, but at prices that are value. That makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

<3 gt. lol

really either card will probably perform exceptionally well. x800pro or 6800gt that is

joobjoob said:
if the ati shop cant get them till october id say your best hopes arent looking to well

ATI has many many other obligations to fill be4 stocking its online store with all the goodies.

Xenozx said:
the 6800 GT ... still requires 2 pci slots

If one considers the 6800GT as taking up 2 pci slots, one must also consider the x800pro/x800xtpe as taking up 2 pci slots as all three cards have coolers with the same height :)

Anyway, who gives a crap? The PCI slot next to the AGP slot is the most worthless slot on your entire motherboard. It shares resources with the video card and it blocks airflow to the videocard. You couldn't pay me to put a card in it.

Back