Never thought I'de get a GTX 260, but impulse got the best of me! ;)

Scheibler1

[H]ard|Gawd
Yesterday I noticed the newegg sale on the EVGA Vanilla GTX 260. It was $300-$40 instant rebate, free shipping, -$40 mail in rebate, and included crysis. I already had a copy of crysis so I just sold that for $20 and will sell my 8800gt oc for $100. All in all it will cost me about $125 for the upgrade and I also get the step-up program that I may actually use for the gtx 280 refresh to a die shrink

I've never had an evga, bfg, xfx card with the nice warranties. I can't wait to overclock this monster!

Anyone else jump on this deal?

I actually got the card when it was $299 (after the first price cut) and it was worth every penny. People really underestimate the power of the GTX 260 and only lean towards the 4870. The GTX 260 has very similiar performance, runs cooler, and has CUDA support...

I placed my order on newegg yesterday :)

I have a 9800GT that i have already sold to a co-worker :)

This card will end up costing me $80 if you consider the free Crysis game :)

I also couldn't resist the GTX 260 on sale yesterday. Later this weekend I'm ordering a Dell 3007WFP-HC and I know my 7600GT just wouldn't be very good at native res, so I placed my order. If I'm lucky, I'll even get to use the step-up for a refreshed GTX 280 within the 90 days! I'm super excited :D

I got one myself. It was a great price for the whole package. I really shouldnt have, but what the hell. It's a high end card at a mid-range price. Hopefully OC'ing this to about 650 will get me close to 280 performance and thus a little more bang for my buck.

Got mine last week when it was $279 -$40 MIR, -$15 promo code, and free shipping. What a sweet deal, runs like a champ and idles 46c in 3d mode fan@65%.

Just received my EVGA GTX 260 "FTW" card yesterday. Its great - much stronger than my 8800 GTX and the last upgrade I'll do for my X2 6400+ system before a complete rebuild. Hopefully it'll last me as long as the 8800 GTX did (almost two years)! got it for $329.99 with a $40 mail in rebate ($289.99 bottom line). Well worth it. Can't believe I spent $580 on the old card back when! :D

glad to hear you think the upgrade was worth it. I'm coming from an 8800gt oc(close to a gtx) and will overclock the gtx260 to FTW speeds

What's so nice is being able to play almost all my games at 1680x1050 with 60 FPS pegged almost all the time (vertical sync limited). My 8800 GTX was good, but went up and down a lot. Now its just smoooooth! :)

What's so nice is being able to play almost all my games at 1680x1050 with 60 FPS pegged almost all the time (vertical sync limited). My 8800 GTX was good, but went up and down a lot. Now its just smoooooth! :)

I agree - the 260 is a big step up from my 8800GTX. Happy with it.

Don't forget to register it on their website would hate for you to make that mistake when it comes time to step up to the 280 die shrink

I'm glad to hear it was a noticable performance increase as well

You really can't loose with this latest round of cards (nVidia or ATi). They're all impressive tech.

I nabbed the EVGA GX260 that was on sale at the egg earlier in the week as well. I also didn't think I would ever own one. Between promo codes, rebates and free Crysis, I figured I couldn't pass it up. I can't wait until it arrives on Monday.

hahah mine is supposed ot be here monday too. I wonder how the refresh is going ot be...hopefully perfect time to nab a GTX280.

Anyone know how much cash EVGA will reward us in the step-up program with this deal?
$260-$40 mail in rebate

EVGA gives you credit for the purchase price of the card when you bought it, the MIR doesn't count towards this unless it was a instant rebate.

I love my 260, Runs at 685/1447/1275 all the time, with no problems. Stays under 60c with constant folding.

I picked up a pair of MSI GTX260s @ $244 AR... I could not resist. great card! performs very well and OCs nicely to boot.

yeah, picked one up myself. I'll probably step up later but 219 AR with Crysis.. deal!

Yup, I think its time to say bye to my ol' faithful 8800 GTS :D

I got my card today! It's freakin awsome...gonna post a some benchmarks in a new thread

Back