Neverwinter Nights II

dagon11985

Gawd
What are your take on Neverwinter Nights II ? http://www.atari.com/nwn2/

Neverwinter Nights II is scheduled to come out in September, 2006. I intend on created planescaped themed segmented server. By " segmented server ", I mean a network of modules that link to one another. . . for example.

I will have one computer that has an " Abyss " module. From the Abyss module you can access the " Hades " module. The Hades module will be run on another computer.

You click on the portal in game, and it connects you to the other module.

I hope its as good as the first one. Computer gaming really really really needs a new, decent dd/forgotten realms rpg right now. I am in need of another good reason to flunk ordinary differential equations and other classes this summer.

dagon11985 said:
What are your take on Neverwinter Nights II ? http://www.atari.com/nwn2/

Neverwinter Nights II is scheduled to come out in September, 2006. I intend on created planescaped themed segmented server. By " segmented server ", I mean a network of modules that link to one another. . . for example.

I will have one computer that has an " Abyss " module. From the Abyss module you can access the " Hades " module. The Hades module will be run on another computer.

You click on the portal in game, and it connects you to the other module.

*boggle* Why?

This feature is more for portal realms, but if you own both servers and made both modules... there's no reason to link them like that...

You can create a world as big as you want in the construction set, there's no reason for multiple servers for multiple areas. I'm kinda asuming you've never played NWN or used the construction set, since you talk about having to have multiple servers for 2 areas.

I can in one module, have say... four cities in the oposite corners of a fake world. And each city can have an outlying area, let's say, a swamp, a mountain, a forest, and a beach. These areas all lead to a baren wasteland that's a battlefield, and in the center of the battlefield is a giant void that leads to the underworld. The underworld is a sprawling underground cave that's dark, has lava, ice, undead, and deep inside the underworld is a portal that leads you to... a pirate ship in the middle of the ocean.

Of course, if you're going to have a large server hosting tons of people with lots of combat going on and a city area where people gather to socialize, then you're probably better off setting up farms, as I've seen NWN servers choke when I cast Firebrand on a dozen creatures heh.

You're better off using one PC as a dedicated server, and using the other PC for the DM client :D

tacosareveryyummy said:
I hope its as good as the first one. Computer gaming really really really needs a new, decent dd/forgotten realms rpg right now. I am in need of another good reason to flunk ordinary differential equations and other classes this summer.

Man.. I wish I was still taking differential calculus :D

Neverwinter Nights rocked. I loved every part of it, and I played the Shadows of Undretide (sp?) Expansion. That was really fun too. Not sure if I'll be able to game in September since I'll be off to my "higher education," but I'm still looking forward to checking it out on my breaks and such.

damn i thought it was aimed for a june release :(

oh well, im not big into sp games anyways.

Shivetya said:
probably the deathknell for D&DO :)

no kidding. It might be a good game (DDO) but something about that universe not being the one I only know of and love ;)

Back