New 20" WS Dell Panel! E207WFP!! $289!!!!!!

And here I was ready to settle for another display.

Maybe it'll come down a little more before Xmas, either way I'll be picking one of these, amazing deal.

I'm tempted to buy three of those, pivot em all on their side and have some surround gaming fun.

The monitor even bests the 2007WFP with a 5ms response time, compared to the latter's 16ms,

I doubt it an IPS panel, but I really hope dell is going to stick the shitty S-PVA panel in this model and keep the 2007WFP SIPS.

si0dine said:
I doubt it an IPS panel, but I really hope dell is going to stick the shitty S-PVA panel in this model and keep the 2007WFP SIPS.

i'd prefer it the other way around. ;)

The new E207WFP eschews big brother 2007WFP's bells and whistles like a USB hub -- along with the composite and S-Video ports, as far as we can tell -- but still sports that 1,680 x 1,050 widescreen resolution, 20.1-inch viewing area and a DVI port with HDCP.

In other words a vanilla version of the 2007(?).

I'm interested :eek:

Now to wait and see the specs. Any idea when they will be made public?

The 20 inch wide S-IPS panel costs more than that monitor.

I can only imagine how many problems a cheap dell monitor is going to have.

Lets just hope this is another sign of Dell hurting.

This is for sure a TN panel, most likely the same one that the Viewsonic VX2035 uses.

This is certianly a TN panel as dell was probably losing sales to the current wave of cheap 20" TNs, so they decided to get that part of the market back. Given dells panel lottery strategy, they probably have several suppliers for the TN panel and you get whatever is cheapest for Dell during that production week.

It makes perfect sense. Given crazy Dell sales, you should see this under $250. They should own this market as well. I figure dell will kill off a few more players in the next year or so.

i've got a 2005fpw now, i'm considering this for the faster response rate for gaming and could just make my current one a 2nd display. whaddya think?

I can't wait to see the specs on these things.
It probably is a TN panel, but either way, these things are going to sell like hotcakes.

skindogg said:
i've got a 2005fpw now, i'm considering this for the faster response rate for gaming and could just make my current one a 2nd display. whaddya think?
As long as you don't do any graphic intensive/photoshop work then it should be fine...the current generation of TN panels are much improved over what they used to be.

That price should also let them be in the same price range of the Samsung 205BW as well. I doubt the new one will be IPS too...

well a lot of people were jumping onto the LG's L204WT and that had a TN panel, they are buying TN's because of their speed in gaming.. I've spent enough time with my 2405 and it's ghosting, I'm ready for a very fast panel even if it has to sacrifice slightly on color accuracy, after a while most of us won't notice the difference anyway

Techx said:
well a lot of people were jumping onto the LG's L204WT and that had a TN panel, they are buying TN's because of their speed in gaming.. I've spent enough time with my 2405 and it's ghosting, I'm ready for a very fast panel even if it has to sacrifice slightly on color accuracy, after a while most of us won't notice the difference anyway

True. I do photo post-processing and need a reasonably accurate screen color-wise, so I'm in it with S-IPS for the long haul, but if you're not doing color-critical work it's not really necessary. I mean, how many people here actually bother to take a home theater calibration DVD like Avia and calibrate their TVs? I do, because I'm nerdy like that, but most people don't. Some people are just pickier about colors than others, and people who buy a TV and never touch the settings on it would probably be more than happy with a good TN panel LCD for their computer. Forums often breed discontent, simply because the picky ones are usually also the loudest complainers ;)

Then again, I might pick up one of these for gaming too because of its response time, if the rest of my system could be bothered to keep the fps high enough to matter. Stupid Oblivion...

I bet it will be worth it to put out the extra $50 to get the 2007WFP

I was about to get this panel, but you guys dont seem to have much faith in it.

I'm deciding on either getting 2 2007WFP or 2 of the E207WFP

Don't really know what to do

(any help would be appreciated)

I think if doing a polll, there might be more people here using the 2007FPW / 2005FPW vs other LCD such as the viewsonic / samsung / lg of similar screen size...

Dells kinda late to the game in this catigory, however Dell is always discounting so if these can be got for $210-$225 with the typical 15%-25% Dell discounts then they will be big sellers like all other Dells but at the same price as the Samsung 205BW and 204BW and the Benq then I don't see how these will sell alot of numbers. I'm sure the contrast will be in the 700 range but I do want to see the final specs.

I just shot an email over to my Dell Business rep today and got a call back with some new info, I was told the following:

The E207WFP will be released in a week (on 10/19/2006) and will be selling for $269!!!!!

I asked if he had any info on the panel type but he didn't have anything more about it.

If it's the TN panel that the LG204 uses, count me in. If it's anything less, count me out.

The price is certainly right. If it meets the quality of the Samsung 204BW then I'll be picking up the Dell, as the price seems better and the looks far better. Hopefully though, Dell got some amazing deal and its an IPS.

Geez why do some people believe in the easter bunny even after they learn to write. It is a TN panel that is all. Soon even the 2007wfp won't be S-IPS. It is switching to PVA.

Its a TN....

Not that there is anything wrong with that, but if we are going to speculate, let us at least try it have some semblance of reality.

Snowdog said:
Geez why do some people believe in the easter bunny even after they learn to write. It is a TN panel that is all. Soon even the 2007wfp won't be S-IPS. It is switching to PVA.

Its a TN....

Not that there is anything wrong with that, but if we are going to speculate, let us at least try it have some semblance of reality.

Second that. Like I said before the S-IPS panel costs more than Dell is charging. Granted ddell oes take a loss on a lot of their monitors but that would be just plain stupid in this case.

Ajax said:
I can't wait to see the specs on these things.
It probably is a TN panel, but either way, these things are going to sell like hotcakes.

Why pay $289 for a 20" TN at a future date when you can pay $328 for a 22" now?

psb said:
Why pay $289 for a 20" TN at a future date when you can pay $328 for a 22" now?

Why pay more money just to have bigger coarser pixels, for a TV maybe, but not for a monitor where I want as close to 100dpi as I can get. Also why pay $328 for 22" TN when you can get the Dell 20" S-IPS 2007wfp for $339 right now.

I dont believe anyone was denying that it'll most likely be an TN panel, but there is always hope.

the 2007wfp is now on sale at 419 canadian dollars....i am very looking forward buying this but I heard bad stories about video playback and banding...so am I takin a guess of having a good version??

I wonder if it physically looks exactly like the 2007wfp (minus the ports in the back), because I really like it aesthetically. If the engadget picture is true (instead of using a 2007wfp picture in the meantime), then that's good news.

si0dine said:

Excuse me, S-PVA is a good technology par with, maybe a step above, S-IPS. You need to do a lot more reading on LCD panel technology. The correction is TN the shitty panel.

DieHardcc said:
Excuse me, S-PVA is a good technology par with, maybe a step above, S-IPS. You need to do a lot more reading on LCD panel technology. The correction is TN the shitty panel.

That would be a minority opinion. You can chime in on the PVA vs S-IPS thread. It was 100% S-IPS when I last checked.

And for the record, I prefer even TN to PVA. After ridding myself of two PVAs (2405fpw PVA and 2007fp S-PVA) I now have a TN that I like better.

Snowdog said:
That would be a minority opinion. You can chime in on the PVA vs S-IPS thread. It was 100% S-IPS when I last checked.

And for the record, I prefer even TN to PVA. After ridding myself of two PVAs (2405fpw PVA and 2007fp S-PVA) I now have a TN that I like better.

How about we do some Googling and get a review site shall we:

Dell 2405FPW (Panel Technology: PVA):
http://www.behardware.com/articles/567-2/comparatif-lcd-23-24-pouces.html

Dell 2007WFP (Panel Technology: IPS):
http://www.behardware.com/articles/619-6/updated-survey-13-lcd-20-5-6-8-16-ms.html

You may be happy with TN, but technology move fast. And the panel technology went another level, renamed to S-IPS, S-PVA, and P-MVA. That includes: faster response time, deeper blacks, and better viewing angles.

For TN, the two things they got going for are 2ms response time and cheaper to manufacture. Do your research first before claiming. When I talk facts, I done my research for proving. But, one thing I might be wrong is some manufactures keep the same model name but change panel technology.

PVA is worse than IPS. Slightly better contrast, but comes with duller colors, color shifting, and more input lag due to overdrive.

DieHardcc said:
Snowdog, you need to get your facts striaght, sorry. How about we do some Googling, get a review site shall we:

Do your research first before claiming. When I talk facts, I done my research for proof. Sorry, I'm not offending you, you gotta know the truth.

Perhaps you should research english sentence construction so you don't let everyone know you are a 12 year old rapper wanna be.

I actually owned the panels, have you? Here is a picture of my 2007fp screen service menu:
http://i.pbase.com/o4/04/606404/1/60924652.2007Vers.jpg
Look it up, that is an S-PVA panel. This is the panel Samsung claims has 180 degree viewing angles. I witnessed how bad the viewing angles are first hand, have you? So bad it was unusable and gave me headaches.

I have researched the topic in great detail. Especially after buying PVA panels when I was almost as clueless as you seem to be. I know the pros and cons of all the panel types and I know what is in most of the major panels on the market.

You need to learn at least the basics beyond your first google search, if you want to lecture others. I would also suggest english grammar research so you don't sound like a complete ignoramus, to match your obvious shallow depth of knowledge.

Back