New 22" Monitor Settings?

jfespinoza

Weaksauce
I just got my new Samsung SyncMaster 2220WM and I don't know what to put my settings so every thing looks normal. As fare as text size, resolution, DPI %, and anything else. Can some one please hook a brother up?

what do you mean so it looks normal? The native resolution should be 1680x1050. If that isn't an option you need to install the lcd driver and maybe update (reinstall) your video card driver as well. DPI/resolution should already be fine on a 22, sometimes people have to increase it on the 20ers because the text is naturally smaller.

I have it at @ 1680X1050 and the text is small as hell. I have all of the drivers installed. What I'm asking is what should the setting be so I don't have to put my face against the monitor the read every little thing on the screen. I had my 19" Samsung non-wide screen at a 1024X768 and all the text was perfect but now all the text is small as hell.

22 is pretty much the standard as far as good font size is considered. If you are running Vista you could try setting a custom DPI. I use 104 on my Samsung 206bw but that has far smaller text than yours.

Back