New 2900XT benchmark (CF included) _official

I'm waiting for HardOCP's own benchmarks with the real, retail products before I make up my mind. Anything else is just unwise.

The Voodoo 6 is so fast it crashes 3dMark06.

Ooo!!! I found a pic of this on cudzilla.com, "where cows ruminate about technology(tm)"--apparently it's called the Voodoo 6 because 6 GPUs are mounted on the PCB, which is 3 feet long because they like it that way in the "o.e.m." (obvious erotic metaphors) market. After all, what do you really think about when you see the word "Yemen"?

My point is that if one R600 is barely faster than the two X1900s I have now, the only worthwhile upgrade would be to two of them, and that's a buttload of cash. There's also no "wow" factor there since there's no real performance boost-CF will give that but then again I should hope it would!

I see your point but faster is still faster technically if the R600 can out do your 2 x X1900 series cards, even if only by a bit. You are also getting less heat, noise and using a lot less power with a single card. With the R600 you are getting DX10 which all the X1900's in the world could never do. You are getting upgraded IQ and new features that your X1900's couldn 't do either. If you were to sell both of your X1900 you could probably have enough to buy an R600 right out without even spending a dime of your own money. To me this all sounds positive and not negative. If you have a single R600 card now doing what your X1900 crossfire is doing you should be happy you will play things at least the same and with no loss to performance and if you want, spend the money LATER and get another card for crossfire down the road. No one is saying you have to buy two outright or else....

From what I have been seeing looking at all these roumors and posted scores. I am thinking ATI did stick to just 16 texture units which is why the scores are not faster. I don't understand why they did that as they have the bandwidth to support more pixels, but desided not to. Maybe they planning to save that bandwith to have better looking pixels (ie higher AA, AF, HDR, ect) instead of more? I am starting to see a trend emerge so I am not going to be shock when real benchmarks come out....

cool thanks. If this truly is the XT and not the XTX I am feeling more confident about this card than I was last week. My cpu score with my overclocked 4800+ is 2165 so I should be able to expect similar 06 scores if that is the case. I just hope game performance translates the same. Fear MUST run A LOT better than my X1900XTX for me to buy it.

Sorry, I just confirmed that the driver used is 8.361. With 8.37 there will probably be another 10%~17% performance boost:)

Back