New 3DMark06 record - 31,782 on LN2

awesome.

I've always wondered that about LN2, how does that frost not short something?

Pretty nice to FINALLY see the 2900XT's beat.

bah, my Celeron 300Mhz and Riva 128 can beat that score anytime ;)

Wow! This is so awesome. So if I have LN2 I can run a benchmark super fast!

Wait, I dont give a flying fuck. What good is this if you can't run it 24/7.

Hey, if you don't care, don't post. Jeez, no need to rip on someone's work. I think it is pretty impressive (the OC part, not necessarily the 3dmark06 score), even if it can't run 24/7. It is always fun to see what is possible given the right combination of hardware and ridiculous cooling. :)

Is it not the [H] way to overclock stuff to the limit?

Is it not the [H] way to overclock stuff to the limit?

And keep it overclocked. Don't think anyone cares you have a 13" penis if it goes limp in under 30 seconds.

3DMark and LN2? Who would have thought to put those two together! Wow, those guys are so scientific-like.

What the hell is up with all the damned 3D Mark 2006 threads today? On another note I have a surplus of LN2 at home and I've considered using it.

What the hell is up with all the damned 3D Mark 2006 threads today? On another note I have a surplus of LN2 at home and I've considered using it.

Spray it on the guys who are posting these 3dmark threads. Make em re-enact the T1000 + LN2 scene from Terminator 2.

Spray it on the guys who are posting these 3dmark threads. Make em re-enact the T1000 + LN2 scene from Terminator 2.

I may spray it on some hardware out in the country somewhere and then shoot the hardware that has offended me.

I may spray it on some hardware out in the country somewhere and then shoot the hardware that has offended me.

"Hey guys, I can't figure out why I can't set a new WR OC. I'm using LN2 cooling and even added some custom exhaust holes, but it just won't POST..."

:D

I imagine mobos would shatter pretty good when shot even non-frozen anyway. Though I dunno, most I've ever done is run one over with my truck. Id like to see an LN2 bathed hard drive get its just dessert though. Preferably an old Maxtor in the 20-40GB range. Fuck those things.

Gasp! Misattributed quote. I did not post that. Is the forum broken? That was Climber.

I guess that you say the same things to people like Top Fuel Drag Racers, Astronauts, Test Pilots, Bonneville Salt Flats Racers, HydroFoil Boat Racers, Extreme Motocross Bikers, Street Lugers, Pro Mountain Bike Racers or anybody else that does something that's really, really fast and can't run 24/7. :p:D

the thing is no one cares about those "atheletes" or "sports" either.
any car that shoots down some tarmac and needs a parachute is lame, and anyone who watches it and gets pumped up needs help imo

the thing is no one cares about those "atheletes" or "sports" either.
any car that shoots down some tarmac and needs a parachute is lame, and anyone who watches it and gets pumped up needs help imo

If you don't like max speed, just go turn in your balls now - someone else will put them to use.:eek:

I guess that you say the same things to people like Top Fuel Drag Racers, Astronauts, Test Pilots, Bonneville Salt Flats Racers, HydroFoil Boat Racers, Extreme Motocross Bikers, Street Lugers, Pro Mountain Bike Racers or anybody else that does something that's really, really fast and can't run 24/7. :p:D

When they start hosting overclocking competitions on ESPN HD I'll start giving a damn about 3DMark2006

I imagine mobos would shatter pretty good when shot even non-frozen anyway. Though I dunno, most I've ever done is run one over with my truck. Id like to see an LN2 bathed hard drive get its just dessert though. Preferably an old Maxtor in the 20-40GB range. Fuck those things.

ROFL best post ever!!! I have to agree with you on this one. Man those were some bad drives.

Okay, I am a firm believer that [H] has the best benchmarking and eval technique for video cards as I think it reflects the actual performance you will see in game. (Proportional to difference in specs in rest of system, RAM, CPU etc). I understand how you can say 3Dmark 06 is a crappy way to bench a card if you are trying to judge its performance in a game, I completely agree. I assure you I am not defending 3Dmark when I say: Why would you trash an attempt at a feat because you don’t like the vehicle? < Man sets world land speed record in a ford > “OMG Fords suxxors” and “Why would he want to go that fast if he can’t keep that pace indefinitely ” C’mon…why trash someone pushing the limits of drivers and hardware using tweaks and configs to try and get a higher point score?

They don't shatter. When you shoot a PCB what will happen is you'll get a fairly tiny hole but the shock of the impact (depending on caliber) will knock surface mount components off. I've actually seperated BGA chipsets from the PCB cleanly using firearms. I've also blown the CPU socket right off of a board by shooting through the center of the socket (socket 478) I actually shot right through the CPU (Pentium 4 Willamette.) and the shock of that is what dislodged the socket from the motherboard. It was neat because the socket was undamaged.

The faster smaller bullets punch fairly neat holes in PCBs but larger slowere moving bullets actually splinter the PCB to a large degree and have very rough holes. I've already shot holes in hard drives and posted them on the [H].
1173299289VwQTSf7wzf_1_2_l.jpg

1173299289VwQTSf7wzf_1_1_l.jpg

These were hit with Remington 45gr. jacketed hollow-point .223 caliber rounds fired from a Bushmaster XM-15 E21s AR-15 clone with a 14.5" barrel at a distance of about 20 yards. The clean shots going through the other side were Lake City M855 SS109 65gr. 5.56x45mm (green-tip) rounds fired from the same Bushmaster Carbine. As you can see the latter rounds didn't stop at all and just punched through clean and neat. The hollow-points on the other hand mushroomed out and blew nice big holes in the drive.

They don't shatter. When you shoot a PCB what will happen is you'll get a fairly tiny hole but the shock of the impact (depending on caliber) will knock surface mount components off. I've actually seperated BGA chipsets from the PCB cleanly using firearms. I've also blown the CPU socket right off of a board by shooting through the center of the socket (socket 478) I actually shot right through the CPU (Pentium 4 Willamette.) and the shock of that is what dislodged the socket from the motherboard. It was neat because the socket was undamaged.

The faster smaller bullets punch fairly neat holes in PCBs but larger slowere moving bullets actually splinter the PCB to a large degree and have very rough holes. I've already shot holes in hard drives and posted them on the [H].
1173299289VwQTSf7wzf_1_2_l.jpg

1173299289VwQTSf7wzf_1_1_l.jpg

These were hit with Remington 45gr. jacketed hollow-point .223 caliber rounds fired from a Bushmaster XM-15 E21s AR-15 clone with a 14.5" barrel at a distance of about 20 yards. The clean shots going through the other side were Lake City M855 SS109 65gr. 5.56x45mm (green-tip) rounds fired from the same Bushmaster Carbine. As you can see the latter rounds didn't stop at all and just punched through clean and neat. The hollow-points on the other hand mushroomed out and blew nice big holes in the drive.

Now THIS is why [H]ard reviews are better than the rest. REAL WORLD destruction testing!

Back