New Acrylic PolarFlo

jman1

Limp Gawd
Check out PolarFlo with new Acrylic tops HERE
hookmount-5-500.jpg

Top Nurse said:
Looks kind of big. I wonder if it will fit on SLI boards?

Doubt it...I've only seen a couple blocks (one by some german company, another from Koolance) that are low profile enough to fit on nF4 chipsets where the stock cooler is almost (or is) in physical contact with the top card.

I hate to say it but it looks like putting thick walled 1/2" tubing on that thing will be a major pita.

It is the angle of the shot. Looks tighter than it is. Hey it is an American company that is changeing to meet the demands of the consumer. They eliminated the mixed metal problem. They have plans to expand this to the whole line.

jman1 said:
It is the angle of the shot. Looks tighter than it is. Hey it is an American company that is changeing to meet the demands of the consumer. They eliminated the mixed metal problem. They have plans to expand this to the whole line.

Well then hopefully things are fine...just 'cus it wouldnt make any sense for it NOT to work. :p

I was looking at a direct top down shot from the link at the top of this thread and those barbs still look close enough together to make using anything but zip-ties problematic with some thick walled tubing, I may be wrong but it looks tight.

Thats pretty damn cool of them, I wonder if they expand it to the rest of their coolers.

madmat said:
I was looking at a direct top down shot from the link at the top of this thread and those barbs still look close enough together to make using anything but zip-ties problematic with some thick walled tubing, I may be wrong but it looks tight.
As with the last 2 generations of PolarFlo blocks, you're not going to get plastic clamps on the barbs when you use thick walled 1/2 inch ID tubing. That goes for the CPU, GPU and Chipset blocks, the barbs are just to close together. But if you use the 7/16 tubing, everything works out just fine.

i wonder if the performance is on par with the aluminum or copper toped polarflo tt's. Im betting you get a few degree's less on the metal. Any ideas?

Give it time, I'm sure DD will come out with some nb block to fit on nforce4 boards.

Krazy_Joe said:
i wonder if the performance is on par with the aluminum or copper toped polarflo tt's. Im betting you get a few degree's less on the metal. Any ideas?
I'd be willing to bet that they are the same. I hope to be finding out for sure before to much longer..................... :D

With fat tubing you pretty much have to use wire ties instead of clamps. No big deal for me as I pretty much use wire ties on all my blocks anyway.

dsc018986vw.jpg

I've run them both ways, with 2 or 3 barb configuations on the same system and there wasn't any noticeable differance in temps on my system.

6b-DSC01201.jpg

Megadeth_Guy01 said:
It's not 3 inlets, it's one in and two out. ;)

Sry to raise dead thread.
well i was using the word inlet in place of fitting...it wasnt intended to imply direction

Nm then, well I guess I can explain it a bit. If you have just one in and one out, I guess technically there is more resistance than if you had 2 outlets. There's probably not even enough noticable different in the two methods since even the method with two outlets has to again rejoin through a y-fitting.

Back