New Alice Game!

Excellent! Loved the first one. Hope they don't give it a bad case of consolitus though.

Wow, I have this game and played it but barely remember it now. Wonder if it works on Vista?

Excellent! Loved the first one. Hope they don't give it a bad case of consolitus though.

well.....wasn't really like the pc version was anything complicated. It was basically a platformer with really cool art direction. The speed and the pacing of the game felt right too.

well.....wasn't really like the pc version was anything complicated. It was basically a platformer with really cool art direction. The speed and the pacing of the game felt right too.

True, but that could also be because it was a PC only title. Also the controls were mapped for PC and there were no screen adjustments to be made ala Bioshock.

this is the most exciting gaming news i've heard in years. the original alice was superb.

Suddenly my hate for EA turns to lust.

I've always been neutral of EA. :)

Like the fact that when Activision dropped publishing rights to Brutal Legend, EA picked it up. :cool:

And hearing about a new Alice now makes EA more favorable.

Its funny. People talk about EA like they raped their grandmother or something.

You guys are all excited now until something happens down the road. Granted I am too, but not overly excited to see the EA logo on it right now. This isn't the same EA games we had with the original Alice and NFS series games.

Well rape may be a little strong. How bout talked about her in a really mean way?

hehe yeah back OT: I cant wait to play as the 1st one just really clicked for me.

Haha this is like vindication for Penny Arcade. If anyone remembers that old controversy.

OMG.
Thanks OP for this.

I loved the first game.
I actually finished playing it (for the 4th time) about 2 months ago, waiting for new games to come out.

As another poster said, I hope it isnt all consoled out (like FEAR 2 is), although that hope doesnt hold much hope.
:p

That could have been forgiven, but they murdered Bullfrog, Origin, Westwood, Kesmai, etc. Then they buy an exclusive license for NFL games, killing off the competition, and turn it to shit, even killing off the PC version.

The problem with EA Sucks posts is that I've been reading them since 2001 on Ars Technica gaming forum. Just let the grudge die, no need to comment about them in every EA game thread.

well, what ever happened to Oz? For some reason McGee's projects haven't seemed to come to fruition for some time... I'll take this with a grain of salt.

Haha this is like vindication for Penny Arcade. If anyone remembers that old controversy.

That controversy was with American Greetings and Strawberry Shortcake, not EA

They did a comic in the style of Alice using Strawberry Shortcake (joking about what a "sequel" to Alice would be) and AG threatened to sue and insisted they take it down because they didnt want Shortcake's image to be 'tainted' .

Wow, I have this game and played it but barely remember it now. Wonder if it works on Vista?

I replayed it a few months ago on Vista Ult x64, worked fine. :)

I really hope this gets through....I loved the first one.

Debated whether to start a new thread VS resurrecting this one, and decided to resurrect this one so the people who posted before would know about the update.

Anyways, the new Alice game is now official - "Alice:Madness Returns" is the title, with a teaser trailer and announcement available over at Shack News: http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/64814 . Spicy Horse Games announcement here: http://alice.spicyhorse.com/alice-announce.html .

Coming in 2011 for PC/PS3/Xbox360!

Can't wait!!

Waa! I need this!

Are those console or PC screenshots? Looks very consoley. This shall be great in 3d.

I never played the first, when was it released? Is it still available?

/go lightly on the beating :(

Awesome. I just installed the original a few days ago after my wife said that the new movie was creepy... :) It's nothing compared to this awesome game. The atmosphere is what makes the game, it is ... AWESOME!

Nice, I think it's safe to assume you enjoyed it, lol. If it isn't compatible with Vista/7, I bet you can get it going well in VMware.

It is compatible with both windows and 7 64bit. I didn't even have to do compatability settings. Its pretty much a mod for Quake 3. I don't have the CD anymore, but I aquired an ISO image and that works fine.

You can still buy it new off amazon for 194$ haha!

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Cant you make it 3d with the nvidia control panel things?

Yes, you can play anything in 3D. Whether you should is another matter. Just hoping that its 3D Vision Ready would be a more accurate thing to say. But still a lot of games not 3DVS Ready work pretty well, just that the 3D VS Ready titles take 3D into account and don't have rendering issues and just work better overall.

Yes, you can play anything in 3D. Whether you should is another matter. Just hoping that its 3D Vision Ready would be a more accurate thing to say. But still a lot of games not 3DVS Ready work pretty well, just that the 3D VS Ready titles take 3D into account and don't have rendering issues and just work better overall.

You know it shall be. Its kind of a coincidence that disney release tim burton alice film, then EA release Tim burton of games Alice. The film was 3d. I am not sure about the game, but I think it was. So coincidentally this shall be too!
How does the cursor in FPS work?

You know it shall be. Its kind of a coincidence that disney release tim burton alice film, then EA release Tim burton of games Alice. The film was 3d. I am not sure about the game, but I think it was. So coincidentally this shall be too!
How does the cursor in FPS work?

Yeah, that's one of the things that 3D VS Ready titles MUST handle properly. You have a choice of sites in the nV Control panel in 3D VS Ready titles and their depth is correct.

Back