New AMD Cat 12.7 Beta "JUNE 12" Drivers

retro

Gawd
Can be had here.

So far, the best drivers I've had with BF3. Smooth with no hiccups, and giving a few frames more than the June 4th betas. Eyefinity tearing issue with non-matching display connections is sorted in these drivers as well.

All in all, I'm very happy with these.

Any other games you guys want tested? Go and test 'em yourself, I'm a BF3 only man these days.

AMD steeped up with drivers really, all of the versions from 12.5 beta are good!

And yes, this drivers are great for BF3!

ive tried two different download servers and 7-zip keeps telling me the package has an unrecognized compression method...sigh

ninja....realized i had an older version of 7-zip. new version works.

Has anyone successfully tested these with Cross-finity?

I'm wondering if I'll ever be able to move off of the release drivers...

Has anyone successfully tested these with Cross-finity?

I'm wondering if I'll ever be able to move off of the release drivers...

Im still stuck on 11.12 as they seem to be the only ones that give decent scaling in BF3. Utterly pathetic.

12.6 beta works for Trifire and eyefinity in BF3. However, Trifire is not working in Dirt3 or Batman Arkham city even on a single screen. (Needed a bench to test memory overclocking and dicsovered the issue).

Wondering when i can get a new release that is the stable build of these drivers. Cant allow my PC to turn off my monitor or it doesnt come back :/

Im still stuck on 11.12 as they seem to be the only ones that give decent scaling in BF3. Utterly pathetic.

Okay, I switched to the 12.6 Betas and they're working for me in BF3 at least so far... so that might be something worth checking out.

Okay, I switched to the 12.6 Betas and they're working for me in BF3 at least so far... so that might be something worth checking out.

12.7 are best for BF3, they are great!

Make sure your using the CAP from 12.6 (june 12 drivers with them) custom installation.

When they release these newer drivers are they mainly aimed at 79** owners? Will my 6950's benefit from these much/at all? Just thought I'd ask...lol.

12.7 are working a bit better for me than 12.6. I had issues with ULPS disabling Xfire upon reboot and enabling/disabling the registry key didn't help. I had to disable/re-enable Xfire in the CCC everytime to get any type of scaling. I don't have these issues with 12.7's.

When they release these newer drivers are they mainly aimed at 79** owners? Will my 6950's benefit from these much/at all? Just thought I'd ask...lol.

Yes, i get very nice increase smooth wise, in BF3 and few fps more :)

And....the stability is better as well.

after some testing i must say: FINALLY.
damn you amd. I came so close to throwing them out of the window for some gtx680's.

I have experienced 0, I can't believe i'm actually saying this so i'll say it again: 0 (damn i love that number) crashes since i installed the 12.6 drivers.
Crossfire is finally working as it should, no more crashes, no more bsods, no more freezes.

I still encountered the occasional "display driver has stopped responding and recovered" error but those are rare and far apart. The increase in stability from 12.4 to these is so amazing that i have no words for it.
Except perhaps for: It was about damn time.

I mentioned in the 7970GHz review thread that I found and tried the 12.7 betas and had to roll back. They didn't seem to like me or something. Going fine with the 12.6 betas and CAP 12.6 beta 1.

12.6 Rocks for BF3, and so does 12.7 except for the crashes :-(. And forget about 12.7 with Batman Arkham city or Dirt 3 even on one monitor. FAIL! I did not even bother to try eyefinity, time to restore my system image with 12.6. BE WARNED!

BF3 Tri Fire + Eyefinity working with 12.7s and the CAPs from June 12th drivers. I did get a Direct X error yesterday. Not sure if its gonna be an issue or not, could be me pushing cards at 1200/1600....who knows. I will back down and see what happens. If I have more errors that show up I will probably go back to 12.6 June 12th drivers(8.98) as those were very stable, smooth gameplay.

Gameplay is very smooth. I did notice that without the CAPs from June 12th I had some stuttering. Also, when I walk away from computer for a while one of the monitors will go white requiring me to restart computer, disable eyefinity, and then re enable eyefinity. This is true though for 12.6 as well.

Regarding clock speeds..my cards were showing very low clock speeds. I had to start up CCC and then set defaults on each of the cards in order for the cards to run at the correct default speeds. From there I used AB v 2.2.2 to OC although I was limited with 1200 on the GPU where as with 12.6 and AB I could clock GPU much higher.

No issues with Diablo at this time.

Been noticing slowdown in diablo 3 in more intense areas after going crossfire - tried installed cap 9.0 for some reason they did not install though.

Annnnnd back to release drivers for 79xx. 12.6 gave me a BSOD on sleep, and then 12.7 killed explorer somehow. So looks like I'll continue to wait as patiently as I can manage.

Come on, AMD driver team, help a customer out.

You're saying all that is worth a few FPS in BF3?

Because that looks a lot like work, man.

And it wasn't my browser that was failing. It was explorer. As in navigating the OS. It was ridiculous and I can wait for something vaguely more official.

I do appreciate the step-by-step and I hope it helps someone, but wow... that's just a lot for some drivers.

EDIT: Re-read what I wrote. Sorry that sounds prick-ish. I really do appreciate you volunteering to help.

Last edited:
just run the atiman uninstaller, and reinstall....takes a few minutes...

Better performance than 7.6 stability is fine just like 7.6 but performance with 1100 mhz is better all around the board.

Annnnnd back to release drivers for 79xx. 12.6 gave me a BSOD on sleep, and then 12.7 killed explorer somehow. So looks like I'll continue to wait as patiently as I can manage.

Come on, AMD driver team, help a customer out.

if the release drivers are the only ones working for you then you obviously have something else wrong with your system given that no ones complained about those problems. probably time to start looking into it because waiting for a magical driver that doesn't trigger the problem isn't going to work.

I appreciate your perspective, but given the variance of the problems as their being tied directly to the installation of drivers I tried (and then undone by reverting), I don't reach the same conclusion.

I do appreciate the step-by-step and I hope it helps someone, but wow... that's just a lot for some drivers.

EDIT: Re-read what I wrote. Sorry that sounds prick-ish. I really do appreciate you volunteering to help.

Understand that everyone on these boards have had to put in work and go through a lot to get drivers to work. There is a lot of experience here on these boards.

Another "simpler" option would be to do a fresh windows install :D.

there are significant registry changes between the beta revisions, some of the cleaners just haven't been updated to account for these changes. The native CCC uninstaller doesnt work well either, hense betas.

as i said, try atiman uninstaller, as he has updated the program in the last week or 2 (7.0.2)

I have tried all betas currently available, using atiman to uninstall, and has caused me no issues to date.

May just be coincidence... but anyone else getting flash errors with the new drivers? :confused:

fixed my screen tearing on third monitor which is nice but now vsync will lock my framerate at 30fps if it dips too much below 60fps. with release drivers this never happened......any ides? i have tried with triple buffering enabled and disabled

The question was if anyone was having issues with flash with the new drivers.

And that is the answer, many users have flash problems with AMD drivers, i had it as well, but after that procedure they are completely gone.

If anyone having issues with Chrome - flashplayer, this is what u need to do,

Make sure Chrome is using the flash that comes with Chrome (gcswf32.dll) and disable any others you may have.
You can do that by typing chrome://plugins

So far I'm happy to admit that my crow tastes all right.

Went through all the steps and seem to have good results so far.

Thanks, folks.

I installed 12.7 after using atiman. I must say, even on a single 7970 the difference is amazing. all games run incredibly smooth! also, thank you for the assistance related to flash and ati. I have had issues but no longer do thanks to the guidance on these forums.

Uninstall the drivers,after you do it, reboot and clean Atiman Uninstaller,reboot again install the drivers.

Now, uninstall the browser your using, uninstall flash player, clean the leftovers with ccleaner, reboot. Install your browser/flashplayer, disable hardware accelaration from youtube-flash player, and the browser.

Also clean the LOS use this link,

http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html

I'm not sure what you mean by browser, the only one I know of is my web browser. If this is what you mean, why would I need to uninstall it? The only flash player I have is Adobe which can be uninstalled but not accessed (appears to only run behind the scene), and only because I had to have it for certain web pages. Considering I can't do anything with it (so far as changing settings), is it okay to just leave it alone? Thanks

Back