New AMD/NVIDIA cards

Jordan1

[H]ard|Gawd
I want to get a sub-$200 card--thinking the 4890/GTX 275/260. I know but these cards perform but am wondering if there has been any news on with NVIDIA's new series. I know AMD is going to have something out "soon" but how soon? Anyone know? I guessing not since the topic isn't being discussed a lot from what I've seen.

I don't need it now so if new cards are going to show up on the 'egg in a month I might wait.

I'm trying to hold out too for the new offerings, i got a HD 3300 right now, no gaming going on here, although no time with summer going on so not too concerned. I heard amd had working samples being put or or something and after that 3-5 weeks or so before it goes to manufacturers and shortly after that in stores.

Although new 5xxx series ATI cards and the new NVIDIA 300 series are coming "soon", tech will keep moving faster than ever... Those new cards will come out and within 3 months a refresh with a slightly higher clock will come, then one with a bundle and a 20$ pricedrop. It never ends, so if you are in need of a decent performing card, get that 4890/275 and be happy ;)

Prices will go down on previous gen cards no matter what. If you're not gaming wait for it.
I'm planning to start playing game next month so I'm searching around for 48xx card.
Trying to get it cheapest as possible and going to get another for crossfire when it gets dirt cheap.
Btw I read price of new cards are going to be little more expensive then the cards out right now.

Thanks guys. I'll just buy when I need it, like I planned, until release dates become more obvious.

You guys will always be "waiting".

And they will always have more money than you too- :p

OP is content with what he has right now, so it makes no sense to not wait in this situation. However, I do understand what you mean by those people who are always waiting. There does come a time when you have to put up or shut up.

Let's say that in 2 months ATI brings out the 5XXX card and right now, the 4890 rounds to about $200 (depending upon manufacturer and such). Saying that a 4890 is $200, what will the 4890 be when the 5XXX comes out? Any guesses based upon experience?

Find a good deal on a gtx275/280 imo. I just picked up a 280 for $170 shipped, so it's possible.

Within the times, the current gens will drop in price just like the infamous 8800XXX's.

i wouldnt mind taking a 4890 and OC it a bit. the new ATi cards are supposively coming out in the fall.

there are still $200 hd 4870s for sale. The $200 or less 4890 hasnt changed that all too much.

Back