New AMD64 Setup. OCing is a must

karnick

Limp Gawd
Hi. I am putting together a new AMD64 setup for my friend... We are going to overclock this to hell so i was just wondering what board and chip you guys reccomend for the best overclocks.. I've been thinking of a 3200 winchester with the MSI Neo2 Plat board.... just wanted to know what kind of results you people have had, or what success you know other people have had with a given board and chip.. thanks

i forgot to mention it has to be an AGP based mobo.. so should i lean towards the abit AV8?

karnick said:
i forgot to mention it has to be an AGP based mobo.. so should i lean towards the abit AV8?

Could wait for the 939 nF3 DFI board. It won't be too long, since their website already has a bios for it, hahaha.

Av8 or Ax8 are awesome boards in my experience so far. My 3000+ winnie is running at 2160mhz 240htt and 1.45v, and Im sure it can go a lot further. These boards have total adjustability. And they are not a ballsmash to the wallet either.

Definately go with the MSI Neo2 Plat...unless you want to wait for the DFI board. I've had mine as high as 295 x 8.5 = 2.5 ghz (suicide run) on my 3000+ Winchester. I've also seen several boards running at over 300 mhz HTT easy.

Back