New Antec Cases

steven1110

Limp Gawd
Link

Link

The sonata II looks good from the outside but haven't seen the guts yet.

But the P180 is SEXXXYYYY all around. Probably the case for my A64.

EDIT*Just realized this post probably isn't the correct place. Move it if so.

Hmmm... I could actually see building a new system in the P-180 case. I kind of like the minimalistic approach and the fact the door swings out of the way like the Ahanix Black Knight case does.

...my $0.02...

Nice sleek simple case. 2x 120mm front fans should be great for cooling, but looks like you will need to leave the door open to get any air to the top front fan, which will make the case louder than it otherwise will be.

The P-180 looks very clean. I don't see much difference with the Sonata II. Hopefully, they ditched the stamped side panel.

The P180 looks pretty slick. i like it a lot. i hope it has some cable management thing in it like the gaming bomb II has, a little trench in the mobo tray to run wires through. i think that's a cool idea.

At least it looks like the Sonata II removed the huge "ANTEC" letters cut in the side panel. And more quiet more better.

P180 looks good, except... no front intake for the fans? :confused:

CastleBravo said:
P180 looks good, except... no front intake for the fans? :confused:

There are vents but they aren't obvious/gaudy. It seems all around the front panel they have small slits for the air to enter. It's not the best front ventilation but I think it'll do. I can't wait to see a review on it.

the pull rings on the drive cages on the p180 are a nice touch.

i would have like to seen the routing and mounting for the blowhole all be internal though. the "hump" detracts from the clean lines of the case, which i like a lot, overall.

all these whale references...sheesh. i guess it's true that a lot of us think of these things as extensions of our (moby) DICKS.

Astral Abyss said:
First thing that comes to mind when I look at the P180 is...

Refrigerator.

My fiance said the exact same thing. Well actually, I showed her the picture and she said we already have one pretty much like it. And then I dropped the bomb and said that it was a computer case not a refrigerator. lol

I like the look of the P180, In my opinion, one of the best looking antec cases.

I agree with the pull rings being a nice touch, I quite like the inside of the case overall.

Im not too sure I like the PSU being at the bottom. It could cause the cabling to get a little untidy with having the power wires across the mobo up to the top where the power connector is usually found on ATX boards.

getting an error message trying to access the spec sheet... could someone post its contents here?

also... liking the p180 big-time tho...

starhawk said:
getting an error message trying to access the spec sheet... could someone post its contents here?

also... liking the p180 big-time tho...

Antec introduces the no compromise case
With its sophisticated new design, the Performance One P180 furthers Antec's reputation for state-ofthe-
art products. It is one of the most innovative cases on the market. And with its advanced cooling
system, unique internal layout and sound isolating panels, it truly sets a new standard.
Special Features:
• Power Supply: resides in lower chamber to isolate heat
and noise from the system
• Innovative three-layer side panel (aluminum, plastic,
aluminum) provides easy access & dampens system
generated noise
• Unique upper and lower chamber structure that allows heat
dissipation and noise reduction
• Cooling System:
- 1 rear (standard) 120mm TriCool Fan with 3-speed switch control
- 1 top (standard) 120mm TriCool Fan
- 1 front (optional) 120mm fan
- 1 lower chamber (standard) 120mm x 38mm (thick) TriCool Fan
- Antec Quiet Computing Chassis Air Duct for better, quiet
cooling of the CPU and graphics card
- 1 (optional) 92mm case fan in the Chassis Air Duct over
the CPU
- 1 (optional) 80mm case fan in the Chassis Air Duct over
the graphics card
• Maximum expandability with 11 Drive Bays
- External 4 x 5.25"; 1 x 3.5"
- Internal 6 x 3.5" for HDD
• Motherboard: Standard ATX 12" (W) x 9.6" (L)
• Double hinge door designed to open up to 270º
• 7 Expansion Slots
• Removable front bezel
• Front Ports
- 2 x USB 2.0
- 1 x IEEE 1394 (FireWire®, i.Link®)
- Audio In and Out
• Material: 0.8mm cold rolled steel for durability through
majority of chassis), 1.0mm cold rolled steel around the 4x
HDD area.
• Dimensions: 54cm (H) x 20.5cm (W) x 50.7cm (D)
21.3"(H) x 8.1"(W) x 19.9
• To optimize performance of your P180 the choice of your
power supply is crucial. Antec strongly recommends
choosing from our Neo or True Power series

i'm seriously impressed... any guess as to how much that p180 is gonna go for?

looks like they finally got around to making a cleaner looking case :) even though i love my bang for the buck amgplusview :)

Those are pretty nice, I may have to get one for the A64 system I plan on building. Just ordered one of the clear cases, that may have to get moved to another project.

If they make a window for this, or I can find a fitting one...
I'm buying it.

edit: Even if they don't, I'm still buying it.

I don't like it, too much going on. I like simple cases, clean cases. I don't like BTX either.

Yeah those 2 new cases look cool....Especailly the P180...But I am going to get the Chenbro Gaming Bomb 2 as my new case...Unless BTX becomes more popular in next few months...

darktiger said:
Yeah those 2 new cases look cool....Especailly the P180...But I am going to get the Chenbro Gaming Bomb 2 as my new case...Unless BTX becomes more popular in next few months...

The Gaming Bomb 2 is 'spensive though. I'll have a hard enough time forking out 160 for this case let alone 260 for that one. Users choice though.

Ah, I just noticed the front audio ports are color coordinated; thats going to be a big turn off. And when is the Wavemaster 2 coming out?

Astral Abyss said:
First thing that comes to mind when I look at the P180 is...

Refrigerator.

Holy crap, I was thinking the same exact thing, then I read your post. :)

I've got the Sonata, and it's a great case. I can't wait to see some more detailed shots of the Sonata-II.

Holy crap, I was thinking the same exact thing, then I read your post.

LOL, yep I showed it to the tech I work with and he said the same thing without any prompting from me.

Too funny.

I hope the P180 replaces the 160. God that thing is ugly. The other changes are welcome. But I think I am going to stick with my CoolerMaster Stacker. I like how open the inside of the case is. The P180 looks to cluttered inside. I also hate the way the drives face being so close to the motherboard.

i hope they took out that sonata lettering on the side of the case

that lettering fucked up a beautiful case and i still find it annoying !!

honkee said:
i hope they took out that sonata lettering on the side of the case

that lettering fucked up a beautiful case and i still find it annoying !!

They took out the lettering and made the intake holes bigger. Took them long enough. Now if they replaced the TruePower 380 with a v2.0 power supply, I'd get it. Until then, I'm planning on a SuperLanboy + NeoPower.

Edit: Damn, they replaced the True380 with a SmartPower 2.0. Blegh.

templarknightx said:
They took out the lettering and made the intake holes bigger. Took them long enough. Now if they replaced the TruePower 380 with a v2.0 power supply, I'd get it. Until then, I'm planning on a SuperLanboy + NeoPower.

Edit: Damn, they replaced the True380 with a SmartPower 2.0. Blegh.

I really like my Super Lanboy. Just be aware that you are getting a friggin' LIGHT case. That's a good thing for what it is made for, but it surprises some people.

CastleBravo said:
I really like my Super Lanboy. Just be aware that you are getting a friggin' LIGHT case. That's a good thing for what it is made for, but it surprises some people.

Ditto. I love my Lanboy also. This is my second Antec case and I absolutely love them. It is good to see them breaking out some new styles. I really like the look of the P180.

Back