New Apple ads!

Those ads seem to in a different line than the other ones like the iPod. I don't know if PC guy will ever be well again.

I thought it was pretty stupid. If you're going to have an ad, at least be semi-truthful. Don't compare iLife to calculator and clock, actually compare it to Windows Media Player, Windows Movie Maker, etc. That's why I always hated those commercials, they're just a cheap gimmick. Only thing that ever came out of them were the spoofs that were actually funny unlike the commercials, and the whole Ellen Feiss controversy.

BBowermaster said:
I thought it was pretty stupid. If you're going to have an ad, at least be semi-truthful. Don't compare iLife to calculator and clock, actually compare it to Windows Media Player, Windows Movie Maker, etc. That's why I always hated those commercials, they're just a cheap gimmick. Only thing that ever came out of them were the spoofs that were actually funny unlike the commercials, and the whole Ellen Feiss controversy.

The thing is, they never specifically said the PC was running Windows per se... so they aren't going to mention any Microsoft specific apps. Although, even if they mentioned Windows Media Player or Movie Maker... there is still no comparison. :p

No, they don't specifically mention it, but it's certainly implied. I mean, what are your choices for the people who are going to be seeing those commercials and caring? Windows, or Linux users. And the comparatively few Linux people aren't gonna be paying attention to them except to make fun of them anyway. And yea, the mac stuff is just ridiculous. At least the other ones could be made fun of. These are just...frustrating. As was said in another post about this, "obviously Jobs hasn't used a PC since Windows 98".

Back