New Aqua 2

theseeker

2[H]4U
OK. I decided to start a new thread and start posting some pics. Only a few tonight and many over the next two days. My wife has lovingly decided to give me the entire today tomorrow to assemble the new rig. Unfortunately, the price I will pay, would probably allow me to buy a couple of PC's from voodoo. Of course this will be quite enjoyable, building the rig that is.
Tomorrow I will post the mini-cooper Lian-Li vs. the Aston Martin Lian-Li, before and after pics. If any one has a certain pic they want to see let me know. I plan on starting around 7am and working through the entire day.
A few teaser pics to start.
The new and the old...
IMG_0086.jpg

IMG_0090.jpg

IMG_0091.jpg

The EVO 240 is mounted
Rad1.bmp

Picture440.jpg

The 160 is mounted
Picture442.jpg

Back of the Aquabay with Aquastream, its messy at this point...notice the old cooler
Picture442.jpg

Remember....
Picture001.jpg

Wasn't built in a day!

Man I love that cpu block. Its freaking beautiful with that light blue top. I really want it but its expensive. :(

Remember even with AC stuff your still WCing, which means you better run a leak test or risk your mobo/vid card/etc. getting a little wetter than it wants to be :)

is the addon fans & bracket in the top a little off center??? it looks like its over right of center...

Vapor1000 said:
is the addon fans & bracket in the top a little off center??? it looks like its over right of center...
It has to be otherwise the radiator would hit the PCI slots. Remember the boards to upside down, sorta on the V series cases.

theseeker said:
Selling them to you..........

Heh... let me know when you're posting stuff. I'm planning the bastard child of Innovatek and AquaComputer and will probably end up using mostly Innova parts but if I can find out if Innova compression fittings will fit a AC block (or two) I may be very interested in a few of those.

R1ckCa1n said:
It has to be otherwise the radiator would hit the PCI slots. Remember the boards to upside down, sorta on the V series cases.

Actually that does not appear to be the case <no pun intended> in this instance. The reason it looks off center is because the left side panel is on and the right side panel is off. Those panels are about 2-3mm thick so when the panel goes back on it will look centered. :D

Top Nurse said:
Actually that does not appear to be the case <no pun intended> in this instance. The reason it looks off center is because the left side panel is on and the right side panel is off. Those panels are about 2-3mm thick so when the panel goes back on it will look centered. :D

no, it still looks to be ever so slightly off center to the right...

but if what R1ckCa1n said was right... then there is good reason for it to be... even tho it bugs the hell outa me (im anal like that :rolleyes: )

BellaCroix said:
Heh... let me know when you're posting stuff. I'm planning the bastard child of Innovatek and AquaComputer and will probably end up using mostly Innova parts but if I can find out if Innova compression fittings will fit a AC block (or two) I may be very interested in a few of those.

Innovatek's compressions will fit, but the part needs to accept a 1/4" hole. AC's parts, with the exceptions of radiators and some others, are 1/8". The 1/8" compression fittings AC sells are compatible with Innovatek hose, which is 8mm ID 10mm OD. AC also has 1/4" push fits, so those are compatible with Inno's stuff.

My last setup had an Innovatek HPPS, small Tank-O-Matic plugon, Airplex EVO 240, Cuplex EVO, Twinplex NB and, a 6800. Everything used compression fittings and clear/UV blue Innovatek hose.

When my parts arrive from Alphacool in Germany, I will be using the Cape X2 Pro, an HPPS, Innovatek's NV40 full card block, Watercool's AB-G plexi reservoir and a clear Aquainlet fill tank. I can't decide wether or not to use my Konvect-O-Matic Maxi, a Black Ice Xtreme or both. I still can't decide if I'm gonna uswe compressions or pushfits :confused:

All thread sizes above are BSPP.

Youre going from a Cuplex PRO to an XT right? Mind posting performance comparisons when youre done?

Herulach said:
Youre going from a Cuplex PRO to an XT right? Mind posting performance comparisons when youre done?

He can't because the Cuplex Pro is a Cuplex Evo and besides it was never hooked up to his MB.

Herulach said:
Temps are 1c better but I was able to gain an almost 200mhz better overclock on my FX53

ooo im lookin forward to watchin this. i spent a large portion off yesterday evening just workin on my case doing my wiring and testing parts. oh and if you happen to have an aquacomputer geforce6 block to get rid of, holla at me ;)

i plan to make a swifftech/aqua/polar bastardchild :p

Looks like a nice start! Perhaps you might want some of those Aluminum faceplates that Sharka has for the AquaBay AT and the Aquaero as they match very well the Lian-Li cases. :D How about e-mailing me some of those high resolution pics so I can see what stuff really looks like?

*sniff* It brings a tear to my eye *sniff*

I love the smell of burning money in the morning!

If the tube which is leaving the left in this picture is connected to the pumps outlet it seems that you have confound the in- and outlet of your Cuplex XT.

The connector which is going into the chamber with the nozzles is the inlet.

If so, you should change it because it will cost cooling-performance.

Good job theseeker, it looks pretty good and now I know how is going to look my pc when it's done... Just, do some wire management and hide those wires. Also now I can see the real difference between V1000 and V2000, I did not know it was so obvius. Good job with your system, the only think I dont like is the tubing... I don't know... tubing from AC looks uggly :rolleyes:

So far is a good start, keep doing good... HARD USERS WANTS MORE HARD PHOTOS. :rolleyes:

It's look so expensive ;)
but did you really need all those right angles??
I think black tubing would look sexier than the semi-clear tubes you got...

CAD OCr

That's exactly what I think! that's why I'm trying to find a store which sells Tygon Black tubing... it looks so sexy, but I don't know if the Cuplex and the Twinplex will like it :rolleyes: ... I think I'll post this question in the Aqua thread later.

Shoggy said:
If the tube which is leaving the left in this picture is connected to the pumps outlet it seems that you have confound the in- and outlet of your Cuplex XT.

The connector which is going into the chamber with the nozzles is the inlet.

If so, you should change it because it will cost cooling-performance.
You beat me to it! I was looking wondering why he had the CPU block at the end of the loop and realized that he is going straight from the aquastream to the CPU block first. I bet there is a 3-5c difference and will not overclock nearly as well in this configuration.

R1ckCa1n said:
You beat me to it! I was looking wondering why he had the CPU block at the end of the loop and realized that he is going straight from the aquastream to the CPU block first. I bet there is a 3-5c difference and will not overclock nearly as well in this configuration.

I appreciate your comments, with AC there are no instructions! If I have done something wrong I will change it. Let me know!
I went straight from Aquastream to the Cuplex and then to the Twinplex. I gather from your notes that I have crossed the in & out of the XT. Once again, let me know, as there are no instructions! But at least I have no leaks.
Thanks again for your help.

Vapor1000 said:

I can promise you that it is not off center! Bring your micometer and check for yourself!

CAD OC'er said:
It's look so expensive ;)
but did you really need all those right angles??
I think black tubing would look sexier than the semi-clear tubes you got...

1. Yes it was expensive.
2. Yes, the right angles are critical, especially when you use AC tubing.
3. Please do not mix sexy with computers. BTW, my wife loves it, and she looks much better than my Aston!

theseeker said:
1. Yes it was expensive.
2. Yes, the right angles are critical, especially when you use AC tubing.
3. Please do not mix sexy with computers. BTW, my wife loves it, and she looks much better than my Aston!

well dang, you might as well post her pic too... ;)

if he post her wife photo *simon feels divorce and wife keeping aqua computer stuff*

hehe just kidding ;) :D

Hey seeker of fun,
You do know I was just joking right? I believe you, about your wife that is...
BTW nice fish!!

I'm tempted to do a step like yours with dual gpu , cpu and nb blocks and then having the exos take care of the heat.

Are you using the 6mm tubing inorder to use their quick connect?

I like those but the inability to get more hose as needed from home depot sucks.

Do you know if there are any 6mm ID 8mm OD to 3/8 adapter i.e koolance tubing?

Igg said:
I'm tempted to do a step like yours with dual gpu , cpu and nb blocks and then having the exos take care of the heat.

Are you using the 6mm tubing inorder to use their quick connect?

I like those but the inability to get more hose as needed from home depot sucks.

Do you know if there are any 6mm ID 8mm OD to 3/8 adapter i.e koolance tubing?

I am using Aqua tubing and before I installed the Aqua NB cooler I had tested a Koolance with AC tubing and it worked fine.

Just thought i would post this pic for your viewing pleasure. This is the ASUS Ultra copper heatsink.
IMG_0093.jpg

Back