New Aqua Computer goodness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes sense since it would amount to something akin to an infomercial for one seller, it took me sometime to find the only place for Aqua parts I would have wished that other places sold them.

Well, good try anyways I guess. Im not against others carrying the AC product line but I am the only one successfully able to import them. We may just have to find someone here in the forums willing to try his time at comparing the two types of setups. As I get more back on my feet I can see what I can have arranged.

-Dan

If your winning to donate the gear I'll be happy to do a test. lol joking of course...unless your willing. ;)

Heh you are not the only one in line there CrimandEivl. If I did not have to do so much Computer testing during the day :( I would be more then happy to help out.

I'm building 2 exactly the same systems and would be real tempted to test both WC setups out... the only thing thats stopping me is a full Aqua setup costs just alittle more hehe >.<

Plus the looser would end up moving into my spare system and I'd hafta buy another winning setup hehe. More chaching >.<

Where are you getting the parts from A.C.? Their site is in german and so is every other page about any of their products. I can't find any resellers, or information (minus horrible babel-fish-destroyed translations).

Epicenter said:
Where are you getting the parts from A.C.? Their site is in german and so is every other page about any of their products. I can't find any resellers, or information (minus horrible babel-fish-destroyed translations).

Click

EDIT: Dan you beat me to the punch.:p

.. am I missing something here? $75 for a reservoir? $25 for a FAN GRILL?! What the hell are they trying to pull here? This sounds like the Monster Cables of the Watercooling world. "Only $79.99 for a set of component video cables!"

Don't complain about the price if you don't like it simply don't buy it ... Some people like to pay abit more for prettier things hence why people buy BMW's and Mercedes etc..

Davey said:
Don't complain about the price if you don't like it simply don't buy it ... Some people like to pay abit more for prettier things hence why people buy BMW's and Mercedes etc..
Oh no, here we go ...

I'm really not complaining. I might get one of the reservoirs if I have $75 to burn one day. But it bothers me that this is probably performing like any other H2O cooling system but costs 3x more. I don't like people paying more for the same stuff. The other components look the same as any other.

Epicenter said:
But it bothers me that this is probably performing like any other H2O cooling system but costs 3x more.
That's what differentiates this from being analagous to buying Mercedes or BMWs. These Aqua Computer components:
Cost more: check
Look better: check
Perform better: nope

You're paying 3x more for looks and that's it. And IMO the looks aren't really much better. Buying these expensive components is more like ricing up a Honda than buying luxury cars.

The reservoir is pretty. But I KNOW for a FACT I saw one just like it a year ago, from a US company, for a hell of a lot less. Around $30 in fact ... the other components look like DangerDen's TDBXRBX Whatever blocks, and an unpainted version of Zalman's non-reserator CPU block. Nothing too amazing. The fan grills are really what I find hilarious. $25 .. fan grill .. damn.

Epicenter said:
The reservoir is pretty. But I KNOW for a FACT I saw one just like it a year ago, from a US company, for a hell of a lot less. Around $30 in fact ... the other components look like DangerDen's TDBXRBX Whatever blocks, and an unpainted version of Zalman's non-reserator CPU block. Nothing too amazing. The fan grills are really what I find hilarious. $25 .. fan grill .. damn.

While the prices are quite high compared to run of the mill watercooling components, you have to remember these are imported from Germany (Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying they are better b/c they're from Germany, I'm just referring to shipping costs and etc ) , which adds quite a bit to the cost fo the components.

Thewhiteguy, Although in some tests the a-c stuff hasn't shown a definitive increase in performance, there has not yet been a head to head test of 1/2" to German-based 3/8" systems performed yet with the aqua-computer parts. Say what you want about it.... if you don't like the price , then don't buy it. Many people are attracted to the systems because of their looks...I agree that the engineering of the block may look the same as Dangerden or something else, but the german systems are all based on the principle of low-flow cooling, rather than the regular 1/2" "American" way of doing things.

Bottom line, as far as your opinions go on the looks... some people may not like it, but I sure like the way my silver CPU block looks in my box... and remember, the art is in the eye of the beholder.

Keep the conversation going though, it's interesting ;)

There is no res like the Aqua one from a US maker. If you know it for a fact, prove it. The only one I know if, is the Innovatek one, which is a blatent copy, and the same price.

I have owned serveral brands of watercooling. And the Aqua is the best quality (and looks to me) that there is. If you dont like it, dont buy it. It cost money to ship from Germany you know. Its not like a fairy carries it over the Atlantic for him.

Uhh, I think the Innovatek model was out long before this AquaComputer one was. I see the one you're talking about, 'Fass-o-Matic', and yes, it is the same price. I don't recall if this was the one I found, but it was quite a while ago that I did. :p

The Innovatek one was not out before the Aqua model. Both are German made, and Innovatek copied Aqua's. Your claim of an American company making one is also false.

But feel free to provide a link.

Epicenter said:
Uhh, I think the Innovatek model was out long before this AquaComputer one was. I see the one you're talking about, 'Fass-o-Matic', and yes, it is the same price. I don't recall if this was the one I found, but it was quite a while ago that I did. :p

Maybe the Innovatek was out first in the US, but aqua-computers has been around for quite a while. In Germany that is...

Just thought I'd chime in here because I am one of those that is 99.99% sure I'm about to plunk down a lot more money for the same performance.

It's actually very simple from my perspective. I'm about to put $200-$250 bucks into a WC solution. To me, at least where my system is concern and the funds I throw at it, there isn't a significant difference between $200-$400 (or more for that matter).

IOW, once I've decided to throw the bucks at it, my decision is based more on form and function than $$$. Luckily, I'm at a point in my life where I don't have to fret much over a few dollars here and there. Neither do I throw money away.

We've already agreed that AC is right along there with the best of em as far as function so that leaves us with form.

I intend to put these components into an all acrylic case so form is very important to me. I've also learned, having just completing my very first every WC setup last week using a Swifty kit that 3/8" is about as thick a hose that I'm willing to deal with visually and functionally at this moment.

Go take a look at MrHappyGoLucky's system and tell me the man doesn't have a system with some serious form! I'm not knocking all the other great, awesome looking systems in this forum, I've drooled over many others including 1/2" systems.

It's just for me and my next WC project, Aqua Computer components get the nod.

I'm also not aware of any other ATI GPU WB that covers the core and ram such as the latest and greatest (that I intend to get) from AC.

Now if I can just verify that SNT is in fact open for business as normal contrary to what they have posted on their website, I'll be almost ready to place my order. :)

That's just MHO of course :)

IMG_0001_800x600.jpg

IMG_0002_800x600.jpg

IMG_0003_800x600.jpg

IMG_0004_800x600.jpg

IMG_0005_800x600.jpg

IMG_0006_800x600.jpg

I am in business at the moment but I'm just suffering from backorders from AC. I should be ordering more this week and having it delivered by UPS in 6 days after shipping from Germany (which is much better than Airmail Post since it takes ~4 weeks to arrive :mad:). In the mean time just let me know what you need and I can let you now what the status is of the inventory. Take care and enjoy the pics of Sick Rig 001. Similar water cooled computers are available for sale now at very good prices. My web site will have more about this later after some paint and more official pictures.

-Dan

Finally the great machine's pictures are posted.... :D

Looks as awesome as it did in person ;)

SNT_Man, the case is schweeeet!!!

Gotta love this thread. :p Many opinions/concerns expressed regarding how "I" spend my money on water cooling gear. I think WarlordBB said it best when he shared that he is in a position where a few more dollars here and there do not make a big difference. Sir, I concur with your opinion. When you get your gear from Dan I am sure you will be as pleased with the service as you are with the products.

Having abandoned my Swiftech set up for an AlphaCool/Aquacomputer rig I must say that I spent significantly more on my AC (AquaComputer) rig. I also must say that I like my AC rig 3X as much.

Bottom line, buy what YOU like and pass on what you don't.

Aqua's stuff looks good :cool: . That smaller tube system makes the computer look bigger than it realy is inside. I can't wait to see the official review and detailed stats. :D

That is pretty swank. I think a 'crop circle' design on the side panel would look pretty schweet too. Can't tell from the first pic -- can you see your Bawls through the hole? :p ;)

Pecos said:
That is pretty swank. I think a 'crop circle' design on the side panel would look pretty schweet too. Can't tell from the first pic -- can you see your Bawls through the hole? :p ;)

Hmmm... ideas for my case ...;)

I need to actually get some paper and start drawing some stuff out...either that or break out the Autocad.

stumpy said:
Hmmm... ideas for my case ...;)

I need to actually get some paper and start drawing some stuff out...either that or break out the Autocad.

It was the showing your Bawls thing, wasn't it!? :p

Hmm, has anyone ever attempted to make a reservoir out of a Bawls bottle?

:p

Man.... If i had more room in my case I'd definitely look into that... some pretty badass case art as well.

Dan, where's your rad at ? I see no holes at the top of the case ! Very nice :) And the aquero is just amazing !!

stumpy said:
Thewhiteguy, Although in some tests the a-c stuff hasn't shown a definitive increase in performance, there has not yet been a head to head test of 1/2" to German-based 3/8" systems performed yet with the aqua-computer parts. Say what you want about it.... if you don't like the price , then don't buy it. Many people are attracted to the systems because of their looks...I agree that the engineering of the block may look the same as Dangerden or something else, but the german systems are all based on the principle of low-flow cooling, rather than the regular 1/2" "American" way of doing things.

an attitude of "high performance until proven otherwise" is wrong in regards to watercooling equipment

I stand by my opinion that aqua computer style watercooling systems are for people that have too much money and not enough knowledge to put together a better system on their own.

Prove me wrong

[S]nt|Mods said:

What size tubing is that?

It is not 3/8" ID, it is smaller than that. ID is the standard way of comparing WC tubing size.

What are the OD and ID sizes?

Giblet Plus! said:
an attitude of "high performance until proven otherwise" is wrong in regards to watercooling equipment

I stand by my opinion that aqua computer style watercooling systems are for people that have too much money and not enough knowledge to put together a better system on their own.

Prove me wrong

Im going to now ignore this individual as much as possible, we dont get along too well because he likes to CRAP in other people's threads.

GET OUT!

-Dan

Davey said:
Dan, where's your rad at ? I see no holes at the top of the case ! Very nice :) And the aquero is just amazing !!

I'll have some more pics taken soon in a bit more professional backdrop but the 240mm radiator is mounted up top and apparently cools the water to just slightly (points) above ambient temperatures. This is what my thermal probes relate to the Aquaero anyways. Ideal conditions indeed. :D

-Dan

[S]nt|Mods said:
Im going to now ignore this individual as much as possible, we dont get along too well because he likes to CRAP in other people's threads.

GET OUT!

-Dan

you are a businessman, and you are using this forum to advertise your products

show a response more inline with that position

oh, btw, this isn't "your" thread. I am curious what gives you the ability to force me out of someone else's thread on a public forum.

Giblet Plus! said:

Prove me wrong

What an asinine thing to say. :mad: If you do not care for the Aqua Computer gear just say that. Why stoop to bashing the people who choose to spend their money on the product? That is not what this thread is about.

ShoNuff said:
What an asinine thing to say. :mad: If you do not care for the Aqua Computer gear just say that. Why stoop to bashing the people who choose to spend their money on the product? That is not what this thread is about.

"Prove me wrong" with your highly overclocked aqua computer setup

Come on man...be real here! whats the problem with SNT and AC ???? Dan is one of the nicest guys i know and AC products own [H]ard kore!

BTW...How do u know if there crappy products? when was the last time u wrote a review on AC products or SNT systems?....man i think u got issues and u need to have your dome checked for cracks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back