New Asus 20in widescreen

It may be S-IPS, but the 800:1 and 300 brightness are the same as the 20" AUO panel I think, the same as the Belinea 10 20 35W and Viewsonic VX2025 use. It's P-MVA.

Yah 800:1 and 300 are also the specs of 20in TN displays like the BenQ. We will just have to wait (and hope) it is indeed s-ips. Asus has a zero bright pixel policy, which is very reassuring.

rek981 said:
Yah 800:1 and 300 are also the specs of 20in TN displays like the BenQ. We will just have to wait (and hope) it is indeed s-ips. Asus has a zero bright pixel policy, which is very reassuring.

According to BenQ 600:1 and 300 are the specs for their FP202W which as you noted is TN.

Sorry to bring this post back from the dead but is there any updates with this monitor? It seems they are sold out at newegg so maybe someone from the [H] has ordered one to be the guinea pig :p Maybe this monitor is balance between the Viewsonic, which lacks some features for the cheaper price and then NEC, which seems to be the best 20.1" Widescreen LCD but comes at a premium price.

The 1.3 megapixel webcam looks interesting and aesthetically the monitor looks pretty nice. I just read a short review from releasereview.com and I found this statement interesting: "The panels of ASUS LCD Monitors are the best in the business. Even if one bright dot is found, users can exchange for a new panel within one year of purchase. This is a demonstration of ASUS confidence in its product quality and dedication to providing unrivaled products." If that is true that would be sweet.

I can't believe that all the details are out my way - being from Aussie land. Normally I hear about something your way & then become disappointed because the supplier isn't releasing it my way. The price is about AU$830 being the best price when I did a comparison of some of the shops. You can then get an idea for what it would be in your currency. It seems quite reasonable for all that it offers. I haven't heard much about this brand and wonder if anyone knows if their products are quality plus or not.

I did read something about the colours, images & so on being favourable to the human eye and therefore eyestrain not being a problem.

Now all we need is a review?

I found some more info when I did a panel search and found this on Newegg. The panel is a-si TFT/TN and the pixel pitch being .255mm couldn't be better from what I've read in the past. Hopefully this helps and I'm not repeating what someone else has already said.

Back