New Battle.net Accounts

Jutsu

[H]ard|Gawd
For those of you who have been out of the Blizzard foray (but still have your games), they recently announced a new account system for battle.net. You can create an account @:

https://us.battle.net/login

Under this account you can register all your CD-Keys for Diablo II, Starcraft, Warcraft III and even merge your WoW account with it. This is all in preparation for Battle.net 2.0 that will becoming out with Starcraft II and Diablo 3 hopefully in the next 10 years lol.

The best part about this account is that you can download updated installs of all the games which I tested this weekend, they all install and run fine on Vista Ultimate 64!

Just a heads up for anyone who isnt aware of this (cause I wasn't) and may have lost your CDs or are having compatibility trouble with Vista.

And the site is really slick. :D

You don't bind WoW with your key, that's a special case where you bind using the account credentials

For those already using the Blizzard Store (where you can enter your keys in order to download games), the accounts seem to be the same.

its also nice if you buy a cdkey for the game , then u can just register it and download the game straight from blizzard. i lost my diablo 2 cd's and key , and i had an urge to play again . so i just bought a key for a couple bucks , added it to the blizzard site , and downloaded the game right from there. i think starcraft , diablo 2 , and war3 are available right now.

I can't get the blizzard downloader for these games working with wine, anyone have any suggestions?

I can't wait for the Protoss Starcraft 2 disc to come out!

Back