New Beta Driver: 285.79

pandora's box

Supreme [H]ardness
Download

New in Version 285.79
  • Includes several bug fixes and performance improvements for Battlefield 3.
  • Fixes cases of irregular performance (stuttering) primarily seen on DirectX 10 GPUs. The fix improves the performance of both DX10 and DX11 GPUs.
  • Fixes shadow map corruption seen with DirectX 10 GPUs.
  • Fixes cases of black corruption lines/triangles with DirectX 10 GPUs.
  • Fixes black screen during playback using Windows Media Center.

Added or updated SLI profiles for the following games:
  • Aion v3.0
  • Anno 2070
  • Assassins Creed: Revelations
  • Bastion
  • Need for Speed: The Run
  • Payday: The Heist
  • The Adventures of Tintin
  • The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim
Added or updated the following 3D Vision game profiles:
  • Airline Tycoon 2 – rated Fair
  • Assassin's Creed: Revelations – rated Good
  • Batman: Arkham City – updated rating to 3D Vision Ready
  • Deus Ex: Human Revolution – rated Excellent
  • The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim – rated Excellent
  • FIFA 12 – rated Good
  • Hard Reset – updated rating to 3D Vision Ready
  • inMomentum – rated Fair
  • The Lord of the Rings: War in the North
  • Smash Cars – rated Fair
  • Two Worlds 2: Castle Defense – rated Good
  • Zombie Driver – rated Excellent

Other Details
  • Includes HD Audio driver 1.2.24.0.
  • Includes PhysX System Software 9.11.11.07

Last edited:
Got these this morning, temps idling are good so there doesn't appear to be any p-state nastyness going on.

Will give them a go over.

Played for about 30 minutes this morning with new drivers. Seems to run smoother with SLI, GPU usage is up for me to close to 99% all the time now. Also menus seem to work better. I used to loose the ability to use my mouse with the in game menus pretty quick. Fixing it required leaving the server and coming back.

However Surround is broke worse than before. Previous drivers seem to have icons appear over other players at least randomly now they are completely gone. I really hope they don't take too long to fix this. I bought a second 470 and a 3rd screen just to run this game in surround mode and would love to see who I am shooting at.

Downloading right now. Hopefully this fixes the BSOD's and Green Flashes this game is famous for. SLI GTX570's here btw.

The last WHQL's were a little janky with full screen video, so it's nice that these seem to be addressing that.
I'd assume these are probably also a Skyrim optimized driver based upon the timing.

Will try this when I get home tonight. Hopefully this will fix the occasional black screen. (Not BSOD)

Wow looks like they opened a can of whoop-ass on some real issues here!

Just installed the drivers and not sure if its video card related or not but I am having an issue where I get dropped to desktop while BF3 is still running, and can't get back in. Will have to force close.

Same issue as the WHQL drivers... :(

That sounds like a bad unrelated application forcing some kind of focus stealing ...

I didn't notice that these fixed the stutter that Nvidia introduced with the last WHQL. Now I am going to install these for sure.

These drivers are bad for me. Makes my BF3 look cellshaded and sudden green flashes on the screen. Reverting back to my old ones.

Tested all afternoon on BF3.
The game runs much much much more smoother, even with frame dips on SLI systems. The green flicker is still there but it doesn't occur as often.

Has anyone who has gotten BSOD's before tried out these drivers and see if they fixed that. I would love to know. Still at work and dying to get home and try out these new drivers.

Do these drivers fix the stuttering associated with having HT enabled on Intel CPU's in BF3?

Just installed.... now waiting on mr UPS to bring my skyrim... /me taps fingers..

it's gonna be a long day tomorrow.

do these fix the 'driver stopped responding' issue from the 280 set of drivers?...I remember reading that Nvidia was asking people to send in their cards for testing (free shipping both ways plus free game codes) as they were not able to replicate the issue in their labs

I played some just cause 2 and metro and fear with no issues... these are the first drivers to install and they setup my surround display group correctly from the get-go.. so that was nice also.

Just tested it out with BF3.. seems like SLI utilization is always at 99% for me.. but we will see. Works like a charm so far.

Well after an initial good start my rig has become completely unstable. Ill be playing BFBC2 until they get this right.

Just tested it out with BF3.. seems like SLI utilization is always at 99% for me.. but we will see. Works like a charm so far.

Good to know.

I've been using 285.38 beta for BF3 with my sli 570's, I'll finally switch to these later and check them out. Hopefully it'll fix my issues @2560x1600.

I'll give them a shot and see what they do in BF3 and Skyrim.

Only problem in BF3 I've had is a few flickering textures and so far none in Skyrim.

Skyrim SLI support: Out on game launch

Skyrim CFX support: Pending

http://twitter.com/#!/@catalystcreator

Have to give NV props for having SLI support on game launch.

Yeah, I've been pretty impressed by how quickly nVidia has been at releasing driver updates to support these big titles that were released recently.

Its certainly encouraging me to stick with nVidia for my next upgrade next year ;)

These drivers aren't working for me that well in Skyrim. In SLI i'm getting low framerate and about 30% usage on each GPU. I get better performance turning SLI off.

These drivers aren't working for me that well in Skyrim. In SLI i'm getting low framerate and about 30% usage on each GPU. I get better performance turning SLI off.

Really? I haven't tried it with SLI off yet but I too am getting mediocre performance in Skyrim. Maybe I'll try turning it off...

I'm still getting random SLI usage of 60% on BF3.. is anyone else having this problem? The game runs like crap at 60% usage!

Maybe there's a reason wasn't offering this to me when I said I was using a 580 and 64-bit, I had to tell it I was using a 570 to get it.

These drivers sucked for me, BF3 started freezing up, I had to do a clean install of the WHQLs to get it working again.

Btw, I tried this, and my performance was DEFINITELY better with SLI enabled than not, so I'm not sure what is going on there for you. However, scaling is not great but hopefully future drivers/patches will alleviate that.

woot fixed media center problem, but I will wait for official release.

Btw, I tried this, and my performance was DEFINITELY better with SLI enabled than not, so I'm not sure what is going on there for you. However, scaling is not great but hopefully future drivers/patches will alleviate that.
Mine isn't. With SLI on or off I get around 40-45fps and it feels choppy. GPU usage hovers between 30-40%. With SLI off GPU usage on one card goes to 80-90%.

Mine isn't. With SLI on or off I get around 40-45fps and it feels choppy. GPU usage hovers between 30-40%. With SLI off GPU usage on one card goes to 80-90%.

Yeah, there's definitely still work to be done with these drivers.

For me, out in the wild I get anywhere from 60-100 fps. In towns it drops down into the 35-50 range. I realize there's a lot more going on there, but I get really low GPU usage, as low as 18% per gpu sometimes.

Inside caves and buildings, my GPU usage jumps up to 80-99% usage on each gpu, and framerates into the 300's.

I was concerned that this is just me being CPU limited, but if you're having similar issues at your CPU clock then maybe it is just drivers. Either way it's plenty playable for now, just kind of a bummer. I never thought this would be the game that made me consider Sandy Bridge...

This is why I run a single 480gtx soc at 1600x1200 on an old sony g500 crt. No issues with Skyrim or bf3 besides an occasional (rare) ctd on bf3 and green flashes. Skyrim runs perfect so far.

i was having issues with the latest Official Release. GTX570. It would stop responding and crash to desktop and recover... I reverted back to 275.33 and it seems ok. Wondering if these are worth trying...

i was having issues with the latest Official Release. GTX570. It would stop responding and crash to desktop and recover... I reverted back to 275.33 and it seems ok. Wondering if these are worth trying...

I think this beta was precisely to address the sudden increase in TDR (timeout detection and recovery) issues.

I tried them this weekend and it was complete waste of time.

Basically BF3 would load in and let me play single player, once. After that, DirectX would essentially crash with this weird "device hung" error message as soon as you'd try to fire up a new game in BF3, both single player and multiplayer. If I tried to go straight to multiplayer, even after a complete reboot, DirectX just crashed and threw that error immediately anyways.

Another thing I noticed was the rendering in .79 in BF3 was really jerky/shaky, but it wasn't stuttering I don't think. It's hard to describe. I've seen the stuttering thing before, and this wasn't it.

In any case, I went back to .62 on a clean install and no more crashing, none of the jerky/shaky rendering, and I was able to play for ~3+ hours with no issues. FWIW.

edit: supposedly some people have been able to resolve the TDR issues in BF3 by upping their core voltage slightly to get it stable around 1V. I couldn't say because I haven't had any TDRs either with .62 or .79, neither with a set of tri-SLI EVGA GTX 580 3GB cards, nor with SLI'ed MSI Lightning XEs.

Back