New build crashes during windows loading screen

AndeeG

n00b
First a little background:

I've been experiencing erratic boot issues for a while, which encouraged me to replace my aging motherboard/CPU/RAM. The problems were inconsistent, but often video output would cut out after POST, I would restart, say to load windows normally when it told me shutdown was not normal, and it would either start the windows loading screen before cutting to a blinking underscore ala BIOS menu, or boot normally. Also it seemed to only boot with two sticks of memory instead of four, and only with the CMOS battery removed. Here is my old hardware:

ASUS P5B-E
Core 2 Duo e6600
2GB OCZ DDR2 RAM
1TB samsung 103sj
512mb XFX HD4850
Corsair HX520

This past Thursday I bought the following:

ASUS p8p67-LE
Core i5 2400
4GB Patriot DDR3

Now when I try to boot, the system boots normally, starts the windows loading screen for a few seconds, flashes a blue screen and either immediately reboots itself or recommends startup repair, which fails to do anything if I go through that whole process. So far I have tried replacing the power supply and video card with functioning equivalents, as well as replacing the hard drive with my old WD320Gb, which also has an installation of windows on it. The same exact problem persists. Any ideas?

Back