new build ... only works with Premier PSU???

primea

Supreme [H]ardness
Specs:

Albatron K8X800 ProII Retail
AMD64 3000+ Retail
Kingston KVR400X64C3A/512
RADEON 9600PRO 128M OEM
FD 1.44MB|MTSMI D359M3D/D359M3B
CDRW/DVD LTC48161H |LITEON BLACK
HD 80GB|SEAGATE ST380013AS SATA
Chieftec Midtower case

the case came with a Mustang 450W. The system will not boot saying there is a CPU problem ... I changed the PSU to a Premier 300W and it worked ... so thinking that the Mustang is broken ... I went to buy an Antec 350 Smartpower ... this PSU will not work with the system ... giving the same CPU problem ... it is stable with the Premier though.

Any ideas?

Incredibly bizzare how long have you had it running on the Preimere PSU? Have you tried the mustang in any other systems?

I just finished building it 4 hours ago ... I've installed Windows and Office without any problems (using the Premiere :mad: ) I'll see if the other PSU (Mustang and Antec) will work on another PC later tonight ... this is really bizarre ...

Well .... just tested the Mustang ... and it works ... using it now with a PIII ... the rails are a little high ... but within 10% of value ... really can't understand how this is happening ... :mad:

Will try a TP400 tomorrow and see if that helps ... I'm not in the mood to dismantle this TP550 in my main rig ...

Anybody using this mobo here? Can you guys tell me what PSU you are using?

Just an update for the curious ...

The system ran fine overnight with Prime95 running ... Max temp is 56C (using retail HSF)

I bought a TP330 ... and it still won't BOOT ... it seems it bonded with the Premier 300W ... so I'll just leave it like this ...

I am definitely not buying this motherboard again ... Premier PSUs are not that easy to find ...

Just to give further info ... the system reboots when too many apps are open ... from 5 to 7 apps ... and it will reboot without any errors ... so I've ordered another board ... the MSI K8T Neo-FSR

anybody got this board?

Back