New cans? or just get an amp?

Weenis

I said WEENIS, not...
So I've had some decent cans for awhile (started my foray with HD280 Pros years ago) and now I'm currently using Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80ohm cans (I've had them for about 3-4 years) and I do enjoy them a lot. Though they can be a bit bright at times but its rare, and I do feel the mids are a bit recessed sometimes with voice. Currently I just run from the front of my case on my pc and occasionally hook em up to my iphone, but not too often on the latter.

What I'm wondering is should I look for a jump to new cans (some people say the 80ohm impedance cans aren't as good as the 250s) like A900s? or get an amp?

For a possible amp I was looking at the Fiio e09k or the jdslabs O2 - i really like that it's open sourced designed..I've never bought an amp though and don't know what to expect to base a purchase on.

I would get a better source first. Front of your case and an iphone do not make the 770s very happy.

You do have their sound signature right though.

What sound card do you have or is it onboard? B/c amping onboard sound is a waste of $$.

I would get a better source first. Front of your case and an iphone do not make the 770s very happy.

You do have their sound signature right though.

What sound card do you have or is it onboard? B/c amping onboard sound is a waste of $$.

Right now it's just onboard. but I do have an asus sonar DX (I think.. its the 100ish one) it's just not in the case right now (it has an external amplified headphone port).. actually I might just power down right now and throw that and some other parts i need to in the pc.

Try it with the soundcard first.

At this point you probably just want to try something new though.

Would using that sound card be a good choice if I were to buy a set, or would you recommend a different one?

Would using that sound card be a good choice if I were to buy a set, or would you recommend a different one?

Depends on your situation really. Start a new thread and list your computer specs and listening preferences.

I have the DX and it does not have a headphone amp. The DG however, does and its cheaper.

Back