New Case from Lian Li - the PC-9F

Yeah? Post some pics. I think I'd prefer a two fan top like B25 - but I don't like that ring on the B25.

First thing I'm doing when I get this case is putting those fancy LED fans in. ;)

Haha you do that and post pics. I'm gonna stick some noiseblockers in there myself.

Anyone has any idea when Newegg will have them in stock?

Last edited:
Haha you do that and post pics. I'm gonna stick some noiseblockers in there myself.

Anyone has any idea when Newegg will have them in stock?

Well, I have a box full of them, might as well use 'em. :)

Anyway, I hope these show up soon as my other Lian Li's are soon getting sold.

If they don't show up soon, I may just snag a couple PC-P50s.

anyone see any reviews online for this case??

better yet anyone own this case yet??

Quick question, is the front filtered? Removable? Washable? Going by the F designation one would think so, but I couldn't tell from pictures.

+ $130 shipping for 2. :( (or $100 for UPS, but if you live in Canada like me you'll get dinged for brokerage fees and duty on top)

*Hmm...

Looks like I'll be grabbing 2 PC-P50's after all. $20 more and they come with the tool-less PCI bracket, PSU clamp, 2 top fans, and the extra 5.25 tool-less thing.....and get ready....the shipping is: $21.98

Last edited:
The only thing about the P50 I don't like is the hard drive bay; I prefer the orthogonal horizontal orientation instead of parallel, for cable management purposes. Otherwise, I would have bought a P50 last year!

Just wait until it shows up at NewEgg, then there might be some competition on the price.

i better not be the only one of us hitting up newegg on the daily asking them to get this friggin' thing in stock! :p

Curious about the sideways drive cage though. Think it blocks too much airflow?

At least with my modified PC-60FN I get a straight shot of airflow from three of the front 5.25" bays to the CPU region.

Curious about the sideways drive cage though. Think it blocks too much airflow?

At least with my modified PC-60FN I get a straight shot of airflow from three of the front 5.25" bays to the CPU region.

It does seem as it would block a significant amount of airflow. If you don't have more than 2 HDD you can do what the person in the youtube video above did and remove the cage entirely.

I just got this case and want to remove the HDD cage. Anyone know what those HDD mounts are in the YouTube video? BTW I got it from Frozencpu, 153 +13 shipping to PA.

Edit: Mounts are from Manhattan.

Last edited:
How did you get shipping that low? Shipping to TX is 20 dollars and at other places as well, which has discouraged me from buying the case up to this point.

The company is from East Rochester NY, which is about 330 miles from me in PA. A lot closer than TX. Either that or I was lucky.

The company is from East Rochester NY, which is about 330 miles from me in PA. A lot closer than TX. Either that or I was lucky.

Make sure you post some pics of your setup in the new case, I know I've been anxious to see some "in the wild" pics for a while now.

IMG_2746.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_2720.jpg

IMG_2737.jpg

IMG_2729.jpg

IMG_2742.jpg

Ordered mine off of Performance-PC's. My only gripe is that the HDD retention plate on the bottom is riveted in, so I'm not able to put my silenced HD enclosure there. It's currently running externally, but I'm planning on moving to an SSD and mounting it in between the optical drive and media card reader. I previously had an A12, so it's nice having the PSU on the bottom. Overall the case is stylish in its simplicity and practicality.

^^^

Awesome looking build!
I've been waiting for it to become more widely available, my patience is wearing thin.

No problem, I was getting impatient waiting for pics too. So I couldn't resist. I was originally thinking of getting the B25F, but the 9F sold me on it's bold front grill. Lot's of positive intake! This case would look pretty slick with the caster wheels, so I'm tempted.

coolerguys.com has this case in stock for $129.99 plus $18.40 shipping (to TX). I figure since I've been waiting this long for the case, that's a great price. Newegg has the PC-8FI, which is basically the same case, for $159.99 + 9.99 shipping. I'll post pics once I receive it!

About time! It's $10 more than coolerguys.com and sundialmicro though.

I'll post pics of mine after I get my Venomous-X installed and clean up the wires behind the mobo tray :p

Okay, finally got my cables and everything the way I want:

Exterior%203_4.jpg

Interior%20Back.jpg

Interior%20Front.jpg

Last edited:
For those who have this case....

How are the acoustics? I am considering this case to replace my P180. I know fans play a big part, and i do use quality fans with a fan controller.

cant tell, but are there filters?

thanks

For those who have this case....

How are the acoustics? I am considering this case to replace my P180. I know fans play a big part, and i do use quality fans with a fan controller.

cant tell, but are there filters?

I'd say your current P180 is a little bit more quiet since it uses steel. Yeah, there are filters for the front intake fans and also a filter on the outside bottom of the case where the psu sucks in air from the vents. There's no filter for the top optional 140mm fan, though. It only comes with the grill

I switched from an antec solo and didn't notice that much more noise except a little hdd vibration since they were previously suspended by elastic.

IMG_2746.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_2720.jpg

IMG_2737.jpg

IMG_2729.jpg

IMG_2742.jpg

Ordered mine off of Performance-PC's. My only gripe is that the HDD retention plate on the bottom is riveted in, so I'm not able to put my silenced HD enclosure there. It's currently running externally, but I'm planning on moving to an SSD and mounting it in between the optical drive and media card reader. I previously had an A12, so it's nice having the PSU on the bottom. Overall the case is stylish in its simplicity and practicality.

Nice case. Can you tell me, are there space for a 140mm fan on top, when you use a Noctua cpu cooler as you do !

Back