New cellphone help

Droc

2[H]4U
I have had a crap cell phone for years, and today we went out and got two new Samsung phones. Samsung D807

now, for once I have a phone that I can connect to via USB
so now Im looking for a decent place to find ringtones and wallpapers for free.
I googled a few and got countless sites that end up making you pay in the end.

anyone have some fav places to suggest?

What is your service provider?
With Verizon you can just email ringtones/wallpapers to yourself.

The D807 is carried by AT&T.

If you have the USB cable then I would suggest making ringtones yourself. Just make a 30 second clip mp3 @ 96kbps using Audacity. If you don't want to go through the hassle of creating your own ring tones the only "free" alternative would be to download midi songs to put on the phone.

As for backgrounds, the D807 has a screen resolution of 176 x 220 so you can create your own wallpaper or download some off the web. Just do a search for "cell phone wallpaper." I just did and found this site: http://www.freemobilefun.net/

download gimp and an audio editor (couple of free ones out there I cant remember) and with your cable do it yourself. A wallpaper you size around the symbols/text on the phone will look a lot better than a hot chick picture from 24555. I worked for verizon for 3 years, stay away from 5 digit phone numbers that are ringtone/sex/date/anything related.

couple of programs to check out
bitpim, p2k seem editor and you are all set.

howardforums and one other gsm site are pretty big on geeking out on phones. I only use cdma so I forgot the gsm wesbite.

regardless, here are some wallpapers I made for my phone. They are all 176x220 from my e815 so nothing to do. I have a different taste also in wallpapers. Tell me what you want and I will make it for you also. Just mention what carrier you use so I can see what the screen looks like.

Ringtones are dead easy too. Just go to one of the websites I listed above and figure it out.

Why let your cell number get out of your circle to random people? In this day and age, that number will most likely follow you for a while.

edit: try emailing your cell number (verizon for example is [email protected]) with the pic as an attachment. You will get charge a picture message rate.

0calvinliferocksbb3.jpg
0castlesf0.jpg
0crocodilexg4.jpg
0evilmonkeyzk1.jpg

0eyespa0.jpg
0fishho9.jpg
0fordgtzd1.jpg
0homersimpsonmz6.jpg
0iheartdnbjpgvx0.jpg
0kangfromsimpsonsjz4.jpg

0kingoftrashdw9.jpg
0knowthymasterab3.jpg
0markitzeroblackwi6.jpg
0maryandlambfj3.jpg

0onenightstandsp9.jpg
0paperdb4.jpg
0piranhaml8.jpg
0rollingstonebartif5.jpg

0rossigb9.jpg
0shehc7.jpg
0softestskinzj0.jpg
0sunflowermx1.jpg

0thecrusaderjg5.jpg
0toucanlx7.jpg
0untilshecomeskn1.jpg
0weedyc3.jpg

all these are from deviantart and if you search the first part of the filename you can find the origional.

Just wanted to point out bitpim is for cdma phones and p2k seem editor is mainly for motorola phones.

Anyhow nice wallpaper you got there :cool:

Back