New Dell 2007ftw has dead pixels :(

Smashed Ixnay

Supreme [H]ardness
Does anyone know Dells return policy on a monitor with dead pixels?

I'll try to make this long story short.

• May 2006: Purchased Dell 2007WFP 20.1"
  • May 2006: Returned because of banding issue
  • May 2006: Received new replacement Dell 2007WFP 20.1"
  • October: Returned because the adjustable stand was stuck, so they sent me a whole new monitor/stand; they wouldn't send me just a stand. :mad:
  • Present time: Received new monitor has stuck/dead pixels (about 7 going verticle).

I've had this monitor about a week and a half now, but it's to the point where it annoys me. Is it too late to call back and tell them or what should I do?

Smashed Ixnay said:

I'll try to make this long story short.

• May 2006: Purchased Dell 2007WFP 20.1"
  • May 2006: Returned because of banding issue
  • May 2006: Received new replacement Dell 2007WFP 20.1"
  • October: Returned because the adjustable stand was stuck, so they sent me a whole new monitor/stand; they wouldn't send me just a stand. :mad:
  • Present time: Received new monitor has stuck/dead pixels (about 7 going verticle).

I've had this monitor about a week and a half now, but it's to the point where it annoys me. Is it too late to call back and tell them or what should I do?

I'm having other issues with my 2007wfp.
I dunno about you, but I'm going to keep sending them their defective crap back until I get a good one. Once I get one, I'll be able to atleast sell it and let somebody else worry about Dell crap.

I paid $347 for mine shipped, which was pretty good at the time; I think, lol. I'd like to just get a good one and not have to worry about calling them, but seems like something is always going wrong so far. I'm going to call them tomorrow to see what they say.

I just wanted to ask on here to get some better insight on what I should do before I call.

Smashed Ixnay said:
[*]October: Returned because the adjustable stand was stuck, so they sent me a whole new monitor/stand; they wouldn't send me just a stand. :mad:
[*]Present time: Received new monitor has stuck/dead pixels (about 7 going verticle).
[/LIST]

the stand mechanism is sooo easy to fix..., anyway just return the monitor with dead pixels with the stuck stand.... unless you already returned the no dead pixel monitor... then, just too bad..

I'll bet your stand wasn't really stuck...I though mine was stuck in the down position where it "locks" into place but I found that gently pushing up and down on the monitor while pressing the button on the back released it. Of course it shouldn't do that in the first place unless there is a design defect..

joemama said:
I'll bet your stand wasn't really stuck...I though mine was stuck in the down position where it "locks" into place but I found that gently pushing up and down on the monitor while pressing the button on the back released it. Of course it shouldn't do that in the first place unless there is a design defect..

I tried to push it up/down gently with the button pushed in, and also tried to push it up forcefully with the button pushed in. I tried to push it up/down without the button pushed in and obviously I had no luck. I think it was really stuck, lol.

Askanison said:
the stand mechanism is sooo easy to fix..., anyway just return the monitor with dead pixels with the stuck stand.... unless you already returned the no dead pixel monitor... then, just too bad..

My old monitor had the stuck stand. My new monitor has the dead pixels. I'll see what they have to say tomorrow.

Smashed Ixnay said:
My old monitor had the stuck stand. My new monitor has the dead pixels. I'll see what they have to say tomorrow.
Surely u can switch the stands

Askanison said:
Surely u can switch the stands

They sent me out a new monitor/stand becuase the Dell employee told me they can't just send me a stand, so he sent me out everything that comes with a new monitor.

Smashed Ixnay said:
They sent me out a new monitor/stand becuase the Dell employee told me they can't just send me a stand, so he sent me out everything that comes with a new monitor.

Should have just swapped the stand, personally. And if the rep told me that I had no choice but to send the whole monitor back I would have have told him to suck it. They don't get to decide what you can keep.

They'll be sending me a new monitor in 3-5 days. It was pretty quick this time besides being put on home three times for 4-5 minutes each time. I didn't mind cause I wasn't asked all these questions and was finally told they'll send me out a new one. I wish it was like this every other time, besides being put on hold for so long.

They pay for the shipping both ways. No way I'd pay for shipping, lol. That'd cost me a fortune!

Hi I have a 2007wfp going back for dead pixels. However, the stand has also locked in the bottom position and the button jammed. Can't even put the stand in the box.
I must say Dell have been very good with replacing the monitor with the dead pixels.
IMHO, I don't think that it is acceptable to pay over £ 400.00 for a monitor and have dead pixels.
Once you have seen them, it is very hard to ignore.
From reading various forums, it seems that most Dell panels don't seem to suffer from dead pixels. Maybe better manufacturing quality control might help, or perhaps Dell could introduce a "zero dead pixel policy".
I just received my replacement monitor and I'm happy to say that it has no dead pixels, is a RevA02 and has the S-IPS panel.
Thank Goodness !!

New monitor has 2 stuck pixels; I guess it's called that. They are red and blue about a inch apart from each other. Should I call and ask for another or what? When I got this LCD on Dell's website it clearly stated this was a refurbished monitor cause it was only $220 something instead of the normal $300+.

Anyone?

I'm just gonna return it if they're willing to send me "new" monitors until I'm happy.

Back