NEW DELL XPS (mobile gaming concept)

Not a laptop, this is a portable desktop. Wow, I've always been a fan of portable desktops, but this one takes the cake :eek:

I disagree it folds up and includes a screen.
Thats what i think the def of a laptop is.

I wonder what the specs are going to be... and how many battery slots it will have.

andrew911tt said:
I disagree it folds up and includes a screen.
Thats what i think the def of a laptop is.

To bad its lacking in teh battery department... kind a horrible laptop w/ one of those

As a lanner, I like this concept. Although I know Dells choice of Hardware will always steer me away from their products. When the decide to switch to AMD's and offer it in this i would consider getting it.

I give them a A- on originality.

There better be SLI 7800's in there to drive a 20" screen at its native resolution...

That's a genius idea..Maybe they're gonna SLI two mobile 7800GTX's? I bet this thing's gonna cost a grip, but hey, if I had the money, I'd buy it.

RadCliffeX said:
To bad its lacking in teh battery department... kind a horrible laptop w/ one of those

As a lanner, I like this concept. Although I know Dells choice of Hardware will always steer me away from their products. When the decide to switch to AMD's and offer it in this i would consider getting it.

I give them a A- on originality.
You are aware that Pentium M's are just as fast, if not faster then AMD? Their new laptops don't use desktop processors. Guarnteed this beast will have Yonah. My old 2.0 Pentium M in my XPS Gen 2 was FAST.

theres no room in that thing for a removable keyboard, if u look at the pics (unless my eyes deceive me) you can see that the cd/dvd drive is where the keyboard should be

RoffleCopter said:
theres no room in that thing for a removable keyboard, if u look at the pics (unless my eyes deceive me) you can see that the cd/dvd drive is where the keyboard should be
That's what you think.

This would be amazing w/ Sli'd 7800GTX go's, a CoreDuo Penitum M, and the ability to upgrade graphics cards!! I would sell off my desktop in a second. The CoreDuo @ 2.0, supposedly is faster in all apps then the X2 3800+. The only thing the X2 had was superior gaming performance, according to Anand.

Back