New eVGA 680i BIOS out

The question is. . . does it fix it any better than the beta BIOS?

This actually turned out to be a pretty good week to be without my 8800GTXes (they're RMA-ing for bad resistor, missed pre-launch recall). By the time they're back, it looks like most problems will be fixed! :D

Edit: Well, looks like the Beta BIOS did fix the sound problem for nearly everyone once the instructions were posted to do the update via the floppy method only. Good stuff!

Does anyone know if this fixes the PS/2 keyboard beeping problem? So far to date that's the only problem I've had with this board, even with the original BIOS.

jdk said:
Does anyone know if this fixes the PS/2 keyboard beeping problem? So far to date that's the only problem I've had with this board, even with the original BIOS.

Nope! Didn't fix it for me. I can still hear the beeps and characters missing. Guess I have to go out and buy a G15. Gonna miss the hot-key power up from my ps/2 kb.

man ive been looking everywhere to find the cause of this mother BEEPING keyboard (pun intended), now i find that it is because i have a ps2 keyboard and it is a known problem? lol wow that is sad, i just hope they can fix this soon bc it is really annoying!

Buy a PS/2 -> USB adapter and be done with it. Seriously, I am surprised modern motherboards come with PS/2 ports anymore :p I haven't bought a mouse or keyboard in over a year that wasn't USB.

Calefaction said:
Buy a PS/2 -> USB adapter and be done with it. Seriously, I am surprised modern motherboards come with PS/2 ports anymore :p I haven't bought a mouse or keyboard in over a year that wasn't USB.

Abit tried to do away with the PS2 ports maybe 3 or 4 years ago and had a lot of negative feedback about it. Of course, that was a while ago :). IT7-Max I believe. 845 chipset maybe?

but as another user said if i get rid of my ps2 keyboard then i lose the ctrl+f1 function to turn on the computer, and as an overclocker im constantly turning the comptuer on and off so I need that type of feature, after all it is 'built for enthusiast'

I hear you guys on the PS/2 issue. I love my microsoft PS2 keyboard and can't find anything new that I enjoy as much. I am going to run to circuit city and pick up one of those adaptors. They carry 2 and run either 15 or 20 dollars. I guess the ones at Best Buy are 40 bucks and suck.

Back