New file server build - sff

talley

Limp Gawd
While an itx board will fit into a LL PC-V351B; I was wondering if the mounting holes where there? Also wondering what the smallest size psu I can use in it is; haven't been able to find notes on either so far.

For a low power file server, have some 1.5tb hdd's that I'm matching up with
LIAN LI PC-V351B
2gb of ddr2
Intel BOXD945GCLF2D

Looking for quiet/silent psu suggestions, realize the case will take atx size psus'. Was thinking of using this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817159011 but it really is over kill.

Corsair HX 450
Corsair HX 520

Depending on how much "some hard drives" is. Stay away from that Coolmax crap.

ya, those modular corsairs are out of the budget for the build really, cost about as much as the rest of the computer. Have a tx750 i'm very happy with.

2x1.5tb seagates and a compact flash/usb os drive; possibly add another pair of drives if I need it eventually but I doubt it. System has very low power requirements.

Or if you're looking for a bit more namebrand option, I'd recommend the Thermaltake 430 here.
I've built several machines including some 2 drive servers that run full load 24/7 that have been reliable for years. And they're near totally silent. 26 bucks after rebate is a great price for it, IMO.

Back