New Halo: Reach MP Trailer

I still haven't recovered from the removal of the M6D Pistol from Halo:CE.

I wasn't a big fan of Halo 2 or Halo 3. I'll wait and see if I'm going to pick this up or not. I just wish Bungie would re-release Combat Evolved and add Xbox Live support.

I wasn't a big fan of Halo 2 or Halo 3. I'll wait and see if I'm going to pick this up or not. I just wish Bungie would re-release Combat Evolved and add Xbox Live support.

Agreed, as someone who spent a good bit of time playing CE on networks, 2 & 3 were letdowns...especially 2.

Reach looks truly awesome though and should be the culmination of the Halo series and SHOULD be the best Halo ever made. Hopefully they won't drop the ball this time. Of course I have almost no faith in developers, publishers, and even the video game industry at this point so I don't really expect much.

Agreed, as someone who spent a good bit of time playing CE on networks, 2 & 3 were letdowns...especially 2.

Reach looks truly awesome though and should be the culmination of the Halo series and SHOULD be the best Halo ever made. Hopefully they won't drop the ball this time. Of course I have almost no faith in developers, publishers, and even the video game industry at this point so I don't really expect much.

hehehe, Used to play CE on lan pretty much every day for about 2-3hrs with my buddies. Good times, Good times. Halo 2's online just sucked.

hehehe, Used to play CE on lan pretty much every day for about 2-3hrs with my buddies. Good times, Good times. Halo 2's online just sucked.

I loved system link parties. Nothing like a game of 8v8 on Blood Gulch.

The trailer looks cool, and some of the new stuff should be fun. I'm really looking forward to the beta, so it's too bad it's still a few months away.

Looks fucking awesome. I can't wait for this. Halo is the best console FPS bar none.

We should be friends, I agree entirely. The Halo series needs its pistol like it used to be. Sigh. If only xbox live supported the original.

You know they changed the pistol because it was overpowered, right?

Did you see 1:21 in that video?

Though, it's probably nerfed to hell...

edit:
m6dmaybe.jpg

m6dmaybe2.jpg

Last edited:
People don't care about that, they just care that it made them look better than they were.

It made them look better than they were? In Halo 1, everyone started with the pistol...How can you look better than you are on a completely level playing field?
Unlike Halo now, where all of the overpowered weapons are pickups, so only one person gets to run wild and "look better than they are".

I would say it is exactly the opposite of what you say, if you have a rocket launcher and no one else does, then you look better than you are. If everyone has the same weapon, then I'd say everyone has an equal opporunity to show their ability.

I do agree that it does not make much sense for a pistol to be more accurate and powerful than the rifle, but it was more balanced than only having the best weapons on the map.

Back