New High End PC Build in need of Water Cooling Solution (wc newbie)

soxfandoug

Weaksauce
Hello everybody. I am in the process of ordering the parts for my new high end gaming/HTPC rig. I plan on making my first foray into overclocking as well as water cooling. If somebody would be kind enough to help me develop a checklist of items for the water cooling system, it would be MUCH appreciated! I can't spend a ton of money on the cooling solution. I'm thinking no higher than $200. Here are the exact specs of my upcoming rig:

Antec P160 case (http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=11-129-141&depa=0)
Antec NeoPower 480 Watt PSU
AMD Athlon 64 3500+ Winchester
Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe Motherboard
Geforce 6800GT PCI-E Video Card (will be adding another soon)
ATI HDTV Wonder
Western Digital 74gb Raptor HDD (boot drive)
(2) Maxtor 300gb SATA-II HDD's (storage)
D-Link 108mbps Wireless PCI Card
1GB (2x512) Corsair XMS PC3200 CAS2
Audigy 2 ZS
NEC 3500A DVD-RW
Pioneer Slot DVD-Rom

Can anybody help me? Thanks so much!
Doug

First off, I'd recommend a larger tower for watercooling... go with a Lian Li Full Tower or Entry Level Server case.

Secondly, DangerDen has kinda been the choice of beginner kits. I sort of am leaning towards due to upgradability, but I wont purchase my h2o kit for another few weeks. I would also allow myself an additional 50 dollars in your budget if I were you, simply because, if you're like me, things always cost more than expected.

Thanks for the reply, xyoufailmex. Unfortunately, I already have the case. Will that definitely not be big enough?

soxfandoug said:
Thanks for the reply, xyoufailmex. Unfortunately, I already have the case. Will that definitely not be big enough?

You should be fine with that case if you go with the new DDC pump and a Swiftech Rad Box and mount the Rad to the outside of the case.

Lothar5150 said:
You should be fine with that case if you go with the new DDC pump and a Swiftech Rad Box and mount the Rad to the outside of the case.

Radbox is cool but it does look a lil' ugly :D U can mount on pretty much any case without modding it but it'll take up a bit of space at the back of the case ;)

The P160 is more than adequate. You could put a black ice or thermochill radiator on the rear 120mm fan spot easily. I know because I've done it before.

Back