New HP LED-backlit monitors announced.

Damn i'm so excited about this monitor ^^
And i'm soooooooo glad it is sRGB and not any Wide Gamut BS.

Jeez can't they release this monitor already so we can see how good it is :p this waiting is killing me.

haha same here, can't wait till it's Februari :D

No news on a 30" model? I'm wanting to get myself a 30" IPS based monitor this year. Don't want to stick to 24" anymore :p

Any word on the price of the 24"? The Press Release says they start at $289 which is obviously going to be the 21.5". Interesting though because that is significantly cheaper than their current 22" Business Performance Monitor. So hopefully the 24" beats the price of the LP2475w .... one can only hope.

I think I will wait for prad.de to review before I consider this one.
Overall the 2475 is still a good monitor, just a bit of a lottery

First I was all about the U2410... then the U2711... now the ZR24w. When will it end. :D

This article says $425 for the ZR24w.

http://www10.mcadcafe.com/nbc/articles/view_article.php?section=CorpNews&articleid=776081

New Displays
"When you couple the Z 200 with one of HP’s new 22” or 24” burnished aluminum-trimmed color displays you’ve got a real hotrod. I was really impressed by the super fast, motion blur-free response times of these two displays that start at $289 for the ZR22w 22” and $425 for the ZR24w 24” display. Both displays are 8 bit capable and perfect for displaying digital content and editing and, to sweeten the pot, both displays rotate easily to portrait mode using HP’s innovative quick release technology."

I am in the market myself for a 24" and really was not sure which direction to go. I love the look of my trusty Dell 2005fpw but want more size for home and the Dell will become my work monitor. I was considering just giving up and going for a cheap $200 TN panel solution but maybe I will seriously look at this HP.

A closer look at the stand of the ZR22w makes me think it's a bit wider than the width of the screen in portrait mode. So not really eyefinity-friendly in that regard. :(

I guess I'll either have to wait for Dell to come up with a successor to the 2209wa with native displayport, or save more money (and desk space) and go the 24" route... Too bad, the 1920x1080 resolution, displayport and IPS panel seemed really tempting.

I'm considering returning my u2140 and getting the zr22w. 24" LCD is just huge to me. I really want a higher resolution and I think I will ok with 1080p. I have 20wmgx2 and really like the size just want higher resolution. The 21.5 will do just that.

HP also introduced the HP ZR22w and HP ZR24w Performance Displays, which offer exceptional visual performance for demanding visual computing. Ideal for use with HP Z Workstations, these Performance Series displays are available in 21.5-inch diagonal and 24-inch diagonal sizes and offer IPS Panel technology, with 96 percent coverage of the sRGB gamut and 16.7 million colors at affordable prices. The HP ZR22w is ENERGY STAR 5.0 qualified and both displays feature an eight-way comfort-adjust stand.

The HP ZR22w and HP ZR24w Performance Displays start at $289 and are expected to be available in the United States in February.

Good news!

A closer look at the stand of the ZR22w makes me think it's a bit wider than the width of the screen in portrait mode. So not really eyefinity-friendly in that regard. :(
WOW, if guys are balling like that and able able to afford three of these then why not get a triple stand?

Someone pointed out to me that nowhere in the documentation is there a mention of these really being LED backlit. Anyone seen a sure fire indication if these will be CCFL or LED?

WOW, if guys are balling like that and able able to afford three of these then why not get a triple stand?
No I do not have the money to buy three of these at once. I would start out with one, but I do have eyefinity in mind! What's the use of buying a monitor with issues when you're considering of buying 2 more in the future? You do have a point regarding the triple stand, but those aren't exactly cheap... and neither are the monitors.

Then again as far as price goes... I bought my first 17" LCD (TN) in the summer of 2003 for 450 euro. I bought a 20" LCD (TN) in early 2006 for 450 euro. I got lucky and got my current 22" HP w2207h (TN) for free, but it was priced 325 euro at the time I got it. So $289 for a 22" full HD + displayport + IPS panel monitor doesn't seem that much.

Basicly what I wanted to say with my previous post was: The ZR22w has the same stand as the ZR24w, which is apparently too wide for the ZR22w to be used in portrait eyefinity. Dell seems to be able to make stands for their range of monitors that differ depending on the size of the monitor, why can't HP? :confused:

Someone pointed out to me that nowhere in the documentation is there a mention of these really being LED backlit. Anyone seen a sure fire indication if these will be CCFL or LED?

I think the cheaper TN based lcds they announced are LED but the zr22w and zr24w are CCFL.

Well it has the right specs to have great potential. A 24" 16:10 with sRGB IPS for $425. If it reviews well I will have to keep this in mind for potential eyefinity to replace my 21" CRT when it finally dies.

The ZR24w sounds very interesting. On those pics of the ZR22w it seems the panel is set very deep into the frame which I hate but as long as it doesn't have tinting issues, this could be my next monitor.

If the ZR24w is $425 MSRP, what will it be able to be purchased for? Was the LP2475w heavily discounted, like most Dell displays are, or was it really only able to be purchased for MSRP? Just trying to get an idea of what this display is going to cost. Thanks.

Why again USA first? USA 250 MIO PEOPLE, EU 500 MIO PEOPLE.

Where is the LOGIC?

Why again USA first? USA 250 MIO PEOPLE, EU 500 MIO PEOPLE.

Where is the LOGIC?

Most of the time it's Asia first, which makes more sense since the products are produced over there.

The ZR22w hasn't popped up on any pricewatch list AFAIK, be it US, Asian or European. I'm especially curious at the retail prices in Europe. For one I hope they don't artificially up the prices for us like they do for all tech products. A Dell 2209WA costs 422 euro (+/- $600) over here, so the ZR22w definitely needs to be below 300 euro and should be at 250 or less. But considering they still sell 22" TN panels for 250 euro over here, I'm not keeping my hopes up. :(

Most of the time it's Asia first, which makes more sense since the products are produced over there.

The ZR22w hasn't popped up on any pricewatch list AFAIK, be it US, Asian or European. I'm especially curious at the retail prices in Europe. For one I hope they don't artificially up the prices for us like they do for all tech products. A Dell 2209WA costs 422 euro (+/- $600) over here, so the ZR22w definitely needs to be below 300 euro and should be at 250 or less. But considering they still sell 22" TN panels for 250 euro over here, I'm not keeping my hopes up. :(

That is because Europe has some crazy high import taxes on high tech devices.

I hope we'll not have to wait till September for these ones..
Thought February was the release date, no?

I want this one really bad.

Me too ^^

So February is the releasedate? Haven't seen this info anywhere, only in this forum..

If it's February then i guess it will take much longer than that before it will be available in Sweden =/

HP has just announced a couple of 'professional displays' that make use of S-IPS panels, the 21.5-inch ZR22w and 24-inch ZR24w. Both LCDs have up to 97 percent coverage of the sRGB gamut, a power supply with an efficiency of 85%, eight-way adjustable stands, and Full HD (1080p) support.

The ZR22w and HP ZR24w also boast D-Sub, DVI and DisplayPort connectivity, and are set to become available in February at prices starting at $289.

From: http://www.tcmagazine.info/comments.php?shownews=31858&catid=2

Not sure how reliable that info is....

HP has just announced a couple of 'professional displays' that make use of S-IPS panels, the 21.5-inch ZR22w and 24-inch ZR24w. Both LCDs have up to 97 percent coverage of the sRGB gamut, a power supply with an efficiency of 85%, eight-way adjustable stands, and Full HD (1080p) support.

The ZR22w and HP ZR24w also boast D-Sub, DVI and DisplayPort connectivity, and are set to become available in February at prices starting at $289.

From: http://www.tcmagazine.info/comments.php?shownews=31858&catid=2

Not sure how reliable that info is....

That price is from the PR and has a 90% chance of being inaccurate, IMO.

a lot of companies always quote msrp when they introduce a model but retailers will sell it for a little cheaper...

It seems (dutch language in url) they'll be available in Holland for € 254 (ZR22w) and € 305 (ZR24w) from February. :eek:
Considering the Dell 2209wa sells for € 309 in Holland, HP will have to start to pile up the orders if they can pull this off! :D

It seems (dutch language in url) they'll be available in Holland for € 254 (ZR22w) and € 305 (ZR24w) from February. :eek:
Considering the Dell 2209wa sells for € 309 in Holland, HP will have to start to pile up the orders if they can pull this off! :D

GREAT! Thats around 435 USD. Now lets hope it is SRGB only and not wide gamut :D

mind you, those prices are without taxes as stated in that press release by HP.

Back