New Keyboard With Good Key Feel

AndeeG

n00b
I just recently ordered parts for a new computer but have yet to buy a new keyboard. My primary concern is good key feel - not too stiff/mushy etc. I don't need it to be wireless or have any sort of back lighting. I think I remember trying an eclipse and the keys were weird - it seemed like it would be hard to push the same button twice as there wasn't much recoil. It's hard to explain but maybe that was a different keyboard, i'll probably try it again. I've heard that the logitech Ultra X uses laptop style keys which is interesting. Is this just like a laptop or more of a mix between that and classic pc keys?

PigCorpse said:
IBM Model M

Isn't that the really classic clicky style keyboard? When i said classic, i meant regular, as in the keyboard that came with my dell.

AndeeG said:
Isn't that the really classic clicky style keyboard? When i said classic, i meant regular, as in the keyboard that came with my dell.
Yep. Love those things. :D

You might want to look into Unicomp. They own the tech used in those old IBMs. I have one of their keyboards and fell in love instantly.

Back