DemisE

Limp Gawd
Take 2 Cable Modems with 5Mbps/768Kbps

DSC02080.JPG

Connect to this little beauty here

DSC02078.JPG

And you get this

speed.JPG

So far the only downside is that DAP is the only program that I have found that will harness the speeds to be able to DL a single file using 2 different IP's. But all in all internet load balancing is amazing.

:eek:

now get three :D

just to be clear on how this is setup, that router accepts two incoming WAN connections, and then you are uplinking that to the switch? thats pretty damn cool.

I really wish I could find something other than DAP to utilize both connections at once. Especially since DAP does not have Firefox support.

my question is, are u paying for 2 cable connections, or did u split it, and use 2 modems with one incoming, making it possible to get 2 connections instead of 1

but why, is 1 connection not enough, and how much are u paying for the 2?

Tin_10 said:
but why, is 1 connection not enough, and how much are u paying for the 2?

because some people hava a need for speeeeeeeeedddddddddddd. nice speeds though, wish icould point you in the direction of software though

I did some googling and found that you can copy a dll to the firefox plugin directory and it will work in a way.

Just beg and wish upon a dream to use this. This is all works and only a very very small fraction of this usage is from my site.

oc37pc.jpg

But this is mine at home on a single cable line.

dl7rk.jpg

yea, i jumped on it a few minutes after it was added. i was connected to 2 edu's pulling 400+ from each.

thats sweet. is dual WAN possible with a router/firewall like IPCop, smoothwall etc?

Stingy? That's borderline leeching if your getting downspeeds like that throw the torrent a bone!

actually, it's a fluke, I really don't have 10Mbps cable, it's only 3Mbps. I was messing around with uncapping an old SB3100 to see if it could still be done. And as you can see getting almost 1MB second when I should really only be getting around 375K/sec it still works. Usually leave the upload cap at 20k unless I'm doing something that takes upstream traffic (aka VoIP phone)

doh-nut said:
thats sweet. is dual WAN possible with a router/firewall like IPCop, smoothwall etc?

www.lartc.org

Its possible, its nice, its cheap, it works with any download app. Uploads arent balanced because you would need full control over the ISP's router

Back