New LG W2600HP 26" S-IPS

ok so there is alot of smoke here but cant see the fire... anybody has purchase this yet? (US version)

For $599 it can not be the IPS version. The IPS version will be $1200 or more.

that is correct, it will be a similar price to the current NEC 2690. Bear in mind NEC will probably update the 2690 hence the new version will be abit more expensive say approx $1500

That's a nice price compared to the NEC2690 here in Europe.
I'm looking forward to the reviews

Can't figure out what sort of inputs this has? The IPS version seems to only have dvi/vga while the TN version has compononent on top of that. Is this correct?

yea its all a bit vague, but if you look at the 3d view on the LG Global site, it shows what look like component connections halfway up the back.

If you go to the link I gave 3 posts before and click on one of the two small pictures, you'll see that the IPS version has only DVI/Dsub and a USB hub underneath. No idea about the TN version, probably no DVI but HDMI/component inputs instead.

I own this monitor, and no reviews. I just love it with no complaints.
I wonder if anyone else either has this monitor or knows what and how to use the EZ Zooming feature? I press the button, hear a tone, but then what?
Also even though Forte Manager was on the CD, it loads but the buttons are greyed out?

Thank you for any replies!

LG TFT Monitor W2600HP-BN 26 here in holland preorder 821 euro just hope it will be out by end of april i prob will take this one (end of the month i need at least a new display so hope this one will be out be then)

Is that confirmed? Could it be the same price as the Planar or DS? I'm thinking of getting the NEC 26 but may wait on the reviews of this panel.

it will be roughly that much because its an A grade 26" next gen S-IPS panel.

So Dell 2007WFP with IPS and all those 20" with IPS should cost $600 and above? NEC charges an arm and leg for their monitors because it's NEC.

So all these posts and no one actually owns the LG??
I wonder if anyone else either has this monitor or knows what and how to use the EZ Zooming feature? I press the button, hear a tone, but then what?
Also even though Forte Manager was on the CD, it loads but the buttons are greyed out?

Thank you for any replies!!

Is that confirmed? Could it be the same price as the Planar or DS? I'm thinking of getting the NEC 26 but may wait on the reviews of this panel.

LG will use the best panels regardless, the planar and NEC are using the previous generation 26" S-IPS LCD module.

From the manual

At the current display, Use 'EZ Zooming' Key, then the display
resolution is transferred to the one step low resolution.
Use 'EZ Zooming' Key one more, the display is back to the
original display.
Those with poor eyesight such as the elderly, those who have difficulty using
computers and children can enlarge text or pictures by adjusting resolution with a
single touch.
To use this feature, please install forteManager program in the enclosed CDROM.
Recommend resolution are 1920x1200, 1680 x 1050, 1600 x 1200, 1280 x 1024,
1024 x 768, 800 x 600.
The setting method can differ by O/S or video card. In this case, Please ask to the​
computer or the video card manufacturer.

thank you so much for your reply. wellll, I do have forte installed (see my issues with that as well) but the EZ Zoom does nothing but make a tone.
my card is the nvidia GeForce 7900GS

@JohnDaddyo

Congrats on your buy. I would like to ask a few things
Do you have the TN of the IPS version?
Any backlight bleed problems?
Is it too bright / can you turn brightness down to a comfortable level?
Any settings for sRGB?

Thank you for your reply

I LOVE the monitor! Yes, the default settings for me were too bright, but you have full control of Brightness, Contrast, Gamma, Red-Green-Blue, Vert/Horiz.movement on and on. Full control. The controls and power on/off are cool. They are not buttons. You simply lay your finger on the text and it's more like it senses the heat from your finger. You do not "press" anything. I DO with the Forte Manager and EZ Zooming feature worked, but it is a non deal breaker by any means. If you can tell me how to find out if the monitor is TN or IPS version, I can let you know.

Thank you for the quick reply.

It appears that there are at least 2 versions of this monitor with model W2600HP-BF being the S-IPS and W2600H-PF being the TN vesrion. You can definately check by yourself by looking your screen from an angle. If there is not noticeable color change then you have the S-IPS version.
Any backlight bleed?

I have the W2600H-PF. If looking straight at the monitor is 6 o' clock, it really doesn't "fade" or dim till I'm almost looking from the side. By backlight bleed, if you mean with a black Desktop, let's say, the some of the white icons etc do bleed a little green. Remember, that is with a totally black background. If I open a window of any king it goes away. For example, because this website is mostly black, the are where I'm typing "Quick Text" does show slight green bleed.

I have the W2600H-PF. .

can you take a measurement for me?
what is the lowest you can get this thing in height? I have to fit it on a desk with a hutch and want to see if this bad boy will fit...

this monitor is in stock near me!!!! so I could go and get it...

I was looking at this from newegg

ASUS MK241H Black 24" 2ms HDMI Widescreen LCD Monitor with 1.3M Pixel Webcam 450 cd/m2 DC 3000:1 Built in Speakers - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236033

or this...

KDS K-2626mdhwb Black 26" 5ms HDMI Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 1000:1 Built in Speakers - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824155056

but if this 26" inch is nicer....

18.5" from top to desk, all the way down. 22.5 all the way up. promise me, if you figure out how to use Forte Manager (on the CD) and EZ Zooming you'll let me know!

certainly compare specs and reviews. the first one only has 1 USB port. LG has 4. The 2nd one has built in speakers, so that takes up part of the price and possibly takes away from the monitor. For me, put ALL the $$ into the monitor!! I don't to be paying for cheap speakers.

Would you please post some pictures and make a little review of your monitor since I'm very interested in it. The specs sound good by all means at the moment.

W2600HP-BF is in stock in holland in 1-5 days but i have to wait till 25th till i can get mine :S
hopefully the repsonse time wont be that bad as the TN panels anyone can tell me more of improvements in response time from S-IPS compared to TN ??

W2600HP-BF is in stock in holland in 1-5 days but i have to wait till 25th till i can get mine :S
hopefully the repsonse time wont be that bad as the TN panels anyone can tell me more of improvements in response time from S-IPS compared to TN ??

I have a DELL 5ms 24" TN, response time is good however dont expect CRT performance(I came from an FW900.
I'm really after input lag numbers on this monitor...

yea some 24 inch aint that bad but more talking about the 25.5 inch and up which i heard most have horrible response time ...

I don't have this monitor, but rather the LG L246WP. Forte Manager will only work via a VGA connection. It will not work using DVI or HDMI.

hmm hopefully the response time is at least lower then the dell and samsung 27" thats all i care about...

WTF? The brochures in LG's site now list the monitor as 102% WCG. I knew 115% was too good to be true. No reviews yet either? In Greece nobody seems to have to bought this monitor yet. There were 4 pieces 2600HP in stock since 1 April and none sold. Seems everyone is waiting for a review.

yea hopefully there is one end of this month if not ill just buy it and let u guys know how it is but mostly will test on latency i wont be able to full tests yet caus im not that well known with montiors :p
still noob so yea

Here are the pictures:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Photographer: Weselchak-U

I hope it will work this way. But anyway, they only show a crt and the w2600hp with a virtual stop-watch. The only thing you will need to know I already told.

Darkdriver thanks for that information, is there any other useful information on the LG 2600hp on that Forum/site?

Back