NEW Lian-Li TYR PC-X2000

I will go prbably to smaller version Tyr x500. But, Its shorter case, and there is only 18cm space for PSU. So cable management should be a little tricky. Don't you thing?

Wow, good to see Lian-li is actually looking more and more like Soldam these days in their workmanship and design (not as a copy, but more that they are moving into higher-end, albeit pricier, applications).

The only downside for this as a "gaming" case, is the SATA backplane is incompatible like the recent V100Z with the new WD Velociraptor drives. Not that they could know WD was going to go and make a non-spec/standard drive.

wait so this case wont be able to fit the Velociraptor ??

The power and data plugs are not in the standard position for 3.5" SATA drives.

Physically the drive will fit the standard mounts, you'll just have to use seperate cables because the plugs won't match the backplane.

Not using the backplane anyhow, the velociraptor has the connectors in the center while the backplane needs them offset to the side like on standard drives.

edit-I should get to looking at opened tabs quicker.

Not using the backplane anyhow, the velociraptor has the connectors in the center while the backplane needs them offset to the side like on standard drives.

edit-I should get to looking at opened tabs quicker.

ah ha i see... thanks... and is that price for sure 500?? because if so i dont think i want to spend half a grand on a case....

I thought this may have been my new case, but after looking at the side by side pics with a normal size case, it's just a little too big.

I posted this in the X500 thread, didn't see this one,,DOH!

The PC-X500(23" tall) is the mid tower or as some refer to as Standard ATX , the PC-X2000(26.77" tall) is the full tower.

Here's a PC-X2000 loaded for bear!

SkullTrail mb Intel X5400XS
2 x Scythe Zipang coupled with 2 x Scythe S-Flex 1900RPM 12cm Fan
2 x Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9775
Kingston 2 x 4gb FB DDR2 800MHz
2 x XFX nVidia GeForce 280GTX
4 x 300gb WD Velociraptor(the backplane wasn't used as it's meant for 3.5 drives)

LianLiX2000_SkullTrail_041.jpg

More on this rig, goto -> http://forums.vr-zone.com/showthread.php?t=297943

WEestern Digital has recently fixe the connectors placement issues so that it now works with the standard placement. So this case will b e fine with them as long as you get the newly issued HDs

Four hundred bucks.....I just don't think I can justify it.........lemme drink a coupla more Buds.

That will make the whole situation crystal clear......:)

Anyone seen this available for purchase?

LianLi said early august....I should start calling them Liar Li.

I would like one very much....

anyone know a retailer that still sells these?

I just found out about this, and by looking at the info on lian li's site and what everyone has said, im thinking about choosing this as the case for my new build, but alas, i cant find it anywhere.

Any ideas? :confused:

NCIX's price seems off. The ABS Canyon is reall $500 as long as you bundle it with one of their bundles, they have 4 pages of bundles with $100 off everyone. Ava has it for sale too, but I wouldn't buy it there: http://www.avadirect.com/product_details_parts.asp?PRID=12090.

hmm, as much as i love the case, it would be pretty hard for me to spend 600 on it. is there any cases lian li offers that are similar to the design but not as costly?

Back