New MAG GML2226 22" LED display

amd7674

[H]ard|Gawd
http://www.maginnovision.com/Products/Product.aspx?sn=470&pi=1459

How is MAG's reputation this days? I'm thinking about picking up a cheap 22" 16:9 for movies/tv shows watching. I'm still undecided, but I think LED might help 'a little bit' contrast when watching movies/tv shows or perhaps it is not worth it the few extra bucks...

From what I see:

pros:
- LED
- slim
- price vs LED (cheper than most other 22" LED models)

cons:
- price vs. non-LED (you can buy for ~$30 less non-LED Asus or Benq 22" models with native HDMI)
- no hdmi (no biggy, as I can use dvi-hdmi)
- not as popular as Asus or Benq
- osd not as good as on Asus or Benq
- no reviews yet

comments???

Very nice find dude. Great price too. Looks like an Eyefinity friendly monitor to me :) The structure and bezels are really thin. Great price as well.

I see it for about $185. Not a bad price for an LED backlit monitor. It's a TN, but for the price, it's expected. Nice find!

I'm guessing it's edge-lit LED, but i can't find it specified anywhere.

That thin bezel should be the standard for lcd monitors, makes it look fantastic imho. Not to mention the high resolution for a 22" panel.

You can find them on ebay for around $170 shipped with 8% Bing cashback, though i'd rather get it from a merchant with good customer service and a lax return policy.

Between it's looks + features + price i'd also say it's a great find.

So I pulled the trigger and I bought it last night ($175CDN).

So far I'm happy with it. ;) I'm only using it as a cheap 21.5" 1080P TV to play movies/tv shows off 1080P upconverting dvd player and my HTPC to play 720p/1080p rips or regular divx/xvid flicks.

To be honest I was too lazy I haven't read the manual yet. Perhaps one of the reasons it took me some time to tweak it.

My first thoughts, after only few hours of playing with it.

Pros:
- bright
- super slim
- power saver
- decent picture once setup
- auto stdby while no source detected
- no ghosting (so far) noticed while watching movies
- acceptable color bending for TN panel while watching movies

Cons:
- not the best menus
- takes time to tweak
- slight edge light LED bleeding (top/bottom)
- must use 75mm vesa wall mount, as 100mm/75mm universal won’t work due to the position of dvi/sub inputs
- viewing angles (after all it is a TN panel)

The montior is decent TN based LCD, but it is not IPS (surpise, surprise). IMHO for main display I would still spend double/triple and I would buy IPS display over any TN based panel (LED or no LED).

Fry's has it for sale right now at 149.99 after tax + recycle which is 16 bucks I think (that was fee for my 25") would be around 179.86.

Just an update...

I'm very picky and I couldn't bare with uneven backlight and I did return the LCD back to the store.... I guess you can buy LED LCD or a good LED LCD...

Back