New mic, volume max, still super quiet.

Adrnshw6

Limp Gawd
I recently bought a new mic (Labtec 333) after hearing good reviews that it was a good mic for a cheap price. I plugged it in, and tested it in Ventrilo. I couldn't hear myself, so I turned my outbound all the way up. Still nothing. I then turned my computers mic setting to max. Still nothing. I then tried speaking very loudly directly into the mic from an inch away. I could just barely hear myself.
Is there any way to boost my mic volume a great deal?

Edit: I have an X-fi xtreme music sound card.

control panel->sounds and audio devices->advanced (under the volume slider)

if you don't see the microphone listed go to option->properties and select it

click on advanced under the microphone and check the +20db boost

mic9vn.jpg

Is it just in Vent that you've tried it?

if so, check the mic levels in there too.. mine took some playing around with to get right.

I don't fool around with Ventrilo, and don't know how it works, but this is worth a shot.

Open up your windows sound control panel. Click options > properities.
Click the recording radio button, and click "OK". Now look at that mic level and see if adjusting that (plus that's +20 mic boost) does anything.

I had this problem before, I'm sporting a audigy 2zx and the problem was fixed by retraining microphone through windows. That program that makes you talk and reads noise around you to decide how loud your mike will be.

ellover009 said:
I had this problem before, I'm sporting a audigy 2zx and the problem was fixed by retraining microphone through windows. That program that makes you talk and reads noise around you to decide how loud your mike will be.

Problem solved, thanks so much!

Back