New MicroFly Cases Available!

Steeeeve

2[H]4U
The new MicroFly cases are out. They come in three flavors: MX6, SX6, BX6. Should be sold for 140-150 (I have them at 142) and they come with a modular XVS series 600w PSU

http://www.ultraproducts.com/product_gallery.php?cPath=13&pPath=439&productID=611#

mini-mfmx.jpg

mini-mfsx.jpg

mfbx.jpg

I still like the original front panel or the Q-Pack's better. But it is nice to know they are trying to get a better look on them. I think these front panels look cheap, although I am fairly sure the top one probably looks awesome in person.

like those aerocool cases ....brushed aluminum front ???
why not for sale in US ???
( cause im really tired of all those cheap looking plastik fronts )
:(

Will Ultra be offering versions without the side windows?

wow that top case is awesome....I wonder if the PSU is any good? It would be even better without the windows :p

Will Ultra be offering versions without the side windows?

From Ultras reseller price list, I only seem to have the three you see with the windows...so right now I would say no...it only comes with windows.

Makes me really want one... I can sell my current board, power supply, and case for roughly what I could get this and a micro ATX board for... then watercool it :)

120mm rear fan = win.

I guess I'm the only concerned about the total lack of front and side intake vents on these cases (at least on the models with the door).

Anyone have bigger pics of the version without the door? Their site doesn't open for me, must be the load from everyone checking out these new cases.

The XVS PSU's are good, and the cables are sweet, im using the 550w one right now.

also where can we buy these? I still think the TT Lanbox and septate PSU would still be a better idea.

I guess I'm the only concerned about the total lack of front and side intake vents on these cases (at least on the models with the door).

Anyone have bigger pics of the version without the door? Their site doesn't open for me, must be the load from everyone checking out these new cases.
You can try here: click enlarge image

also where can we buy these? I still think the TT Lanbox and septate PSU would still be a better idea.

Its the same as the MicroFly..so if it fits in the regular it will fit in the new :)

I have them in stock...see above link (above post)

ohh wow the 600 watt is a single 12 volt rail PSU:D Humm its still and ultra product:(

ohh wow the 600 watt is a single 12 volt rail PSU:D Humm its still and ultra product:(

Yeah, it is an Ultra Product (made by someone in China)...the PSU is not great but is good for a cheap PSU. If you want a better modular PSU then you have to go with the X2

No. That cheesy fan in the front does little but make noise. I modded it with a mesh grill and cut a bit of the front and it helped but... I dunno. It worked I guess.

Looking for another case but none seem to "call me". These are a bit eh. Not feeling the microfly anymore.

The Lanbox isn't bad...

craptacular points:
steel chassis
hard drive mounting positions (all of them)
unremovable sides?!
riddled with noise escaping holes

If you only install once, redrill the mounting holes for the bottom bays and don't carry it long distances, it's fairly decent.

I wish they came without the PSU; I'd buy one in a heartbeat if they did.

Yea I agree. Also with this box, the PSU is in a bad slot if you are running the 8800GTS card. It sits right above the PSU. Seriously it makes the overall temps skyrocket. I think I have to give up my dream of a SFF PC. With the CA summer comming, this poor little computer is gonna cook. thankfully I have a client who needs a small quiet workstation machine just for video editing. Without the 8800 in there, the case is great. With it, it becomes a oven:(

The best air coolers were the Arctic Silencer ones. The only downside were the size (height). Otherwise they were perfect for SFF's.

I'm going to try and design my own little case. Take a few bux and make my own case. Spring is around the corner and I can work outside a bit when time to paint.

Yeah, it is an Ultra Product (made by someone in China)...the PSU is not great but is good for a cheap PSU. If you want a better modular PSU then you have to go with the X2

That's a pretty off the wall statement since the XVS 600W is the same as an X2 but without the titanium finish and dookie grill.

http://techgage.com/article/ultra_xvs_600w_power_supply/

Yea I agree. Also with this box, the PSU is in a bad slot if you are running the 8800GTS card. It sits right above the PSU. Seriously it makes the overall temps skyrocket. I think I have to give up my dream of a SFF PC. With the CA summer comming, this poor little computer is gonna cook. thankfully I have a client who needs a small quiet workstation machine just for video editing. Without the 8800 in there, the case is great. With it, it becomes a oven:(

"Is gonna cook" or "is cooking?" The PSU fan should be sucking the heat off the video cards while the rear 120MM is exhausting the heat from the CPU. I haven't seen any overheating problems.

If you have one of the newer MicroFly's, I suggest using a Dremel to cut some material away from teh support bar, though. They reversed it so if can clear the SLI bridge, but it blocks some of the PSU fan.

That's a pretty off the wall statement since the XVS 600W is the same as an X2 but without the titanium finish and dookie grill.

haha, a little late responding to that one :)

Its a good PSU..don't get me wrong but isn't it slightly different with regards to only having 1x12v line and obviously not having the modular 24pin

I still like it...I got two MX6's and sell them well. In fact, I will auction one off soon.

Hey Steve, would it be possible to purchase an MX6 from you without the PSU?

"Is gonna cook" or "is cooking?" The PSU fan should be sucking the heat off the video cards while the rear 120MM is exhausting the heat from the CPU. I haven't seen any overheating problems.

If you have one of the newer MicroFly's, I suggest using a Dremel to cut some material away from teh support bar, though. They reversed it so if can clear the SLI bridge, but it blocks some of the PSU fan.
Well the air comming out of the PSU is super hot. Also my HDs are cooking as well. I have to admit my ambit's are very bad. I am in So Cal with 85-90F room temps:( With the case completely closed up, the PSU's case gets super hot. I might have a BX6 up for sale soon. With summer approaching fast, I am not sure if this rig could survive the summer heat.

Hey Steve, would it be possible to purchase an MX6 from you without the PSU?

No, they all come with the PSU sadly :(

I will have a raffle for one coming up soon though! You have a chance at one for a low price and the money goes to a good cause :)

Well the air comming out of the PSU is super hot. Also my HDs are cooking as well. I have to admit my ambit's are very bad. I am in So Cal with 85-90F room temps:( With the case completely closed up, the PSU's case gets super hot. I might have a BX6 up for sale soon. With summer approaching fast, I am not sure if this rig could survive the summer heat.

No air conditioning??!?!

I couldn't work in a room that was > 80F. :D

I am still in college living at home, my parents never turn the AC on. I guess I am looking at Stock speeds, or O/Cing only on Stock vcore. I am also thinking of modding the case. I like the layout, airflow is just not there. It needs better intake. Thinking of adding 2 80mm fans on the side, one on each side to give the case better airflow.

Just use a Dremel and thin out some of the aluminum support bars. The support they put in that case is overkill for a built machine (it'll be flimsy empty, but a lot more rigid with components and side panels.)

Then use a 3" and 4" holesaw and cut out the honeycomb grills and install regular grills for your intake and exhaust fans.

Also, what are you using for a CPU fan? If it's something tall (3" right up to the support bar) then the exhaust fan isn't going to exhaust much more than what the CPU is putting out because you're blocking the airflow from the VGA side to the CPU side with your CPU cooler. Low and flat works best. I've got an X-Wind 120MM in mine. Zalman works too.

would so love that first model but without the darn psu! i already dropped alot of money on the ultra 550x2... =\

How come you haven't done any reviews in a while?

Back