New Monitor -- Just looks goofy... any thoughts?

njc

Gawd
I just brought home a Samsung 712n from best buy, and i hook it up and the colors just look fucked up, i don't know how else to describe it... it is straining on the eyes, colors seem to be off, and after installing the software included with the monitor, and tweaking all the random settings i could, i can't figure anything out...

is there anyway to test the fidelity of a monitor, like to make sure it's producing pure color output?

Well, for starters, it *is* an analog LCD monitor... but I've never heard of one that bad. Did you get to see it on display at the store? What video card are you running it with?

I believe he means a 172N which is an analog unit. I use one to monitor my server and DC machines. “Auto Adjust” should be all you need.

You can tweak the colors a bit, they really don’t look half bad for normal use.

i read "SyncMaster 712N" printed on the monitor, it's a black chassis 17" LCD...

maybe it's just a lower quality monitor than what i'm used to? i had an older 17" samsung LCD... i'm just going to use this new one as my backup for servers/new builds/whatever

"I just brought home a Samsung 712n from best buy, and i hook it up and the colors just look @#&*&$! up"

Opens mouth, inserts bar of soap, swishes all around...

Back