New Monitor, your thoughts?

BlackTigers91

2[H]4U
Well, for Christmas I'm gonig to be picking up a new monitor. I don't want to break the $300 price tag, but if I must, I guess it's do-able. Well, after lurking for awhile, it seems as if I should opt for a 20.1" widescreen monitor :D. I will be coming off of a 17" CRT from HP, that's a good 5 years old, at least. Now, on with the monitor...

I am really digging this BenQ FP202W at the $260 price tag. Do you think that is a decent monitor? I'm running a 7800GT, so I should have enough power to drive it, and if not, well that's another upgrade. I like to game, and BF2 is really all I play anymore. So, do you guys think I am making a good choice?

The only thing I'd watch out for is it says it's colours are "with dithering". To me, that implies a 6-bit panel. Means it should be fast, but the colours won't be the best. Dunno how much you care, but it is something to consider.

Well, from what I've read it supposed to be an "8-bit TN" whatever the hell that means. Also, could you explain "dithering" to me? Thanks man.

Back