new motherboard time - opinions needed

Tr0j4nM4x1mus

Limp Gawd
I sold my 780g board & I need to get a new one, my question is, should I go the cheap way & get an $80.00 785g or should I upgrade to the 890gx board with ddr3 for $260.00
it has to be a Matx board.... will I gain anything by going to 890 & ddr3 ? is it worth the extra expense
cpu - 965be
ram - 4g ocz 1066 (that's what I have right now)
I will be overclocking & had the cpu at 3.9 with the old board

if you already have the stuff for an AM2+ motherboard id go the cheap route and get the 785G.. no reason to spend the extra money when you already have the parts.. just make sure you buy a board that supports a 140w processor and you should be good..

will I gain any performance with the 890 board & ddr3 ram or not...I guess that my main question

not a huge bit, you will have more power efficiency(DDR3 is slightly more power efficient)...but your OCing so you probably dont care:p, otherwise, DDR3 memory is just faster, and to my experience I havent seen much of a difference in raising the speed.........

so unless you feel like doing the jump, do it.....but you wont see a hug e increase, except more FSB bump than your last board.....

hope this makes sense....watching Land of Confusion music video makes my mind wander :p

Back