new mouse

Russ

[H]ard|Gawd
new mouse.

I have a Microsoft Explorer (not sure if it's version 3 or 4, it has a clickable wheel and 4 other buttons).

Should I get a new mouse? I was thinking of the Logitech MX518 or G7 (b/c of that newegg deal). Are wireless mouses good for gaming nowadays? Are the only extra buttons (they say it has like 8 or something, the mx518 at least) useable? Or are they just for that adjustable sensitivity thing?

Will it skip? My mouse never skips, and usually I only get skipping on laptop mice, so I was thinking that it's jsut on laptops, but thought I'd ask to be sure. Anyone have a mouse that skips on their desktop pc?

Is it worth it?

If that is an Intellimouse 3.0A you are in business, nothing can replace that godly mouse...

I am using an MX510 since my 3.0a died =(

You mean 3.0 and 1.1A - they use the same optical engine and I agree - they are God.

As for other mices, there's the Logitech and Razer variants - MX518, Copperhead, Diamondback, G5, etc...

Gaming + Wireless = No no. Unless you're just casual.

-J.

GeForceX said:
You mean 3.0 and 1.1A - they use the same optical engine and I agree - they are God.

As for other mices, there's the Logitech and Razer variants - MX518, Copperhead, Diamondback, G5, etc...

Gaming + Wireless = No no. Unless you're just casual.

-J.

Wasnt there a small revision to the 3.0, which was also called the 3.0a...

I may be mistaken though

That's strange - I did a look up and apparently there is a 3.0A. There's no reason for 3.0 to be revised or anything. The 1.0's version on the other hand was full of skipping bugs so they revised that to 1.1A - using the same engine as the 3.0. Now why would there be a 3.0A when it's already perfect? :/

-J.

GeForceX said:
That's strange - I did a look up and apparently there is a 3.0A. There's no reason for 3.0 to be revised or anything. The 1.0's version on the other hand was full of skipping bugs so they revised that to 1.1A - using the same engine as the 3.0. Now why would there be a 3.0A when it's already perfect? :/

-J.

How many buttons did the 3.0 have

I went from a regular ms mouse to a logitech mx510 and the extra buttons are great, not for just gaming but I use the back and forward buttons for websurfing so much.

Back