New Nvidia Gaming Deal

Yeah it looks that way. The cost of being an early Adopter. That and crappy SLi drivers,

No MFAA for us
No DSR + Surround
A lovely Voltage Discrepancy bug that is not getting the attention it needs thus far.

Yep, starting to feel a bit dicked over here.

Yep, starting to feel a bit dicked over here.

You were dicked the day you bought a 970/980 and didn't care because you had to have one of the fastest cards early. Excuse me while I lose a fucking tear for you. Not only that, NOW you whine about games???

AMD has had the 3pak of games on their card before the GTX970/980 were even launched. Did any of you bitch then? Cracks me up, 980 peeps pay $550 per card but whine over the $150 worth of games?

I am sure as a community if you whine [H]ard enough you can get Obam....I mean Nvidia to give you freebie too.

"Mommie, the GPU maker is giving a free game out before the Holidays to boost sales, but I didn't get one! Mean poopie heads!"

:mad:

it says 'or', so i'm pretty sure it's just one of those games, meaning $60.

sucks I bought mine on release too

Good news is you should see a bunch of cheap Ass Creed and FC4 codes for sale on H buy sale thread :)

You were dicked the day you bought a 970/980 and didn't care because you had to have one of the fastest cards early. Excuse me while I lose a fucking tear for you. Not only that, NOW you whine about games???

AMD has had the 3pak of games on their card before the GTX970/980 were even launched. Did any of you bitch then? Cracks me up, 980 peeps pay $550 per card but whine over the $150 worth of games?

I am sure as a community if you whine [H]ard enough you can get Obam....I mean Nvidia to give you freebie too.

"Mommie, the GPU maker is giving a free game out before the Holidays to boost sales, but I didn't get one! Mean poopie heads!"

:mad:

True. I find it hard to sympathize with people who buy their stuff on release then complain later when the holiday deals come out. This is why I've waited until now, (Was planning on waiting til BF but this game bundle seems good enough). People literally could not wait a month and a half for a bundle/deal to release.

If you bought one recently you can try contacting customer service and see if they'll give you a promo code anyway. I got a GTX 970 off Newegg about two weeks ago and they gave me a code after I asked them about it.

Amazon makes no mention of this anywhere on their site and when I called they have no idea what I am talking about.

I was going to resist jumping on the 970, but an expiring Newegg gift card + this game deal changed my mind.

I'll take Far Cry 4 with my new EVGA 970 FTW. :)

sucks I bought mine on release too

Good news is you should see a bunch of cheap Ass Creed and FC4 codes for sale on H buy sale thread :)

Yes, I don't care for those games. Just wanna make my GTX 970 cost a little less. =)

Over 30 minutes on the phone to see if they would be like newegg and honor it for people that bought in the last 30 days. nope...I did get a measly $10 promo for my next order though. lol

Same here. I bought ftw version 3 hours before promo started and was told no. So the card is going back to them. Fucking amazon.

http://www.geforce.com/pick-your-path-game-bundle

So I take it if we already bought our GTX 980s we're out of luck?
At least you got your card. Up until last week, because of my timing, I was perpetually getting "Out of Stock" from NewEgg for the Gigabyte 980 G1 that I want. I ended up putting back in my old 460 and played some older games. To me, the free game is "gravy" compared to the "meat" of a high performance card.

Ordered my 970 from newegg monday, deal started tuesday. I hopped on Newegg support chat, asked them if they could take care of me, and they said no problem. I had my game redemption code in my email in about 15 minutes. Good stuff Newegg.

At first I was like :( ...then I was like :D

I ordered two cards on 10/29/2014 and after talking to live chat Newegg was able to send two codes.:)

Same here. I bought ftw version 3 hours before promo started and was told no. So the card is going back to them. Fucking amazon.

How is it Amazon's fault that Nvidia started a new promo on 11/3?

Entitled generation, I swear :)

Lol please dont use that word. Plenty of retailers care enough to honor promos and price changes that occur within a reasonable window of time.

Yeah it looks that way. The cost of being an early Adopter. That and crappy SLi drivers,

No MFAA for us
No DSR + Surround
A lovely Voltage Discrepancy bug that is not getting the attention it needs thus far.

I havent been keeping up with the 900 series, but as someone who is interested in a 980 in the near future, what do you mean? Are those features that the earlier 980 cards don't have, or the whole series in general? Also, sorry for the stupid question but what is DSR, the voltage bug, and the benefits of MFAA vs. other AA's?

Thanks

I would say for 3 hours they should honor it, but any longer than a week and there should be no obligation for any retailer to credit the promo. Early adopters got to use their card earlier and the rest of us who waited get a game code.

True. I find it hard to sympathize with people who buy their stuff on release then complain later when the holiday deals come out. This is why I've waited until now, (Was planning on waiting til BF but this game bundle seems good enough). People literally could not wait a month and a half for a bundle/deal to release.

Ya. You always pay various prices of adopting early. Heck, had I waited a week I could have gotten like 10% off my X99 board. The earlier you jump on shit, the more you pay for it both in terms of actual cost and in terms of missed promotions.

I have no problem with this and I'm not mad. I got a 980 right away and I'm plenty happy. I don't get another toy. Oh well, I'll live. :D

I havent been keeping up with the 900 series, but as someone who is interested in a 980 in the near future, what do you mean? Are those features that the earlier 980 cards don't have, or the whole series in general? Also, sorry for the stupid question but what is DSR, the voltage bug, and the benefits of MFAA vs. other AA's?

Thanks

Those are currently driver limitations or bugs. There is a big where if your runing in SLi one card runs at a lower voltage, causing instability and limiting your overclock.

Currently with SLi enabled you don't get an option for MFAA, without SLi you get the option.

If you have SLi some people don't get the option for DSR. I actually do get the option to enable it. However I also use Nvidia Surround with 3 monitors. With that enabled I do not get the option for DSR. So I can get SLi + DSR, or Surround + DSR

But I can't get Surround + SLI + DSR.

I'm sure they'll fix the drivers but when that will be is the question.

Back