CASE LIANLI|PC-K7B RT - Retail
CPU INTEL|CORE I7 920 2.66G 45N R - Retail
2x VGA EVGA 896-P3-1265-AR GTX260 RT - Retail
MB ASUS P6T DELUXE 1366 X58 RTL - Retail
PSU OCZ|OCZ700GXSSLI 700W RT - Retail
MEM 2Gx3|CORS TR3X6G1333C9 R - Retail
HD 150G|WD WD1500HLFS % - OEM
DVD BURN LITE-ON|DH-20A4P-04 20X % - OEM

I was very happy when i plugged everything in for the first time and it booted up, so i closed up the case and started installing windows.

The system froze about 20 minutes into the install. All the fans were still spinning and it didn't smell/feel like anything overheated.

Now it refuses to boot.

When i try to power it on all the fans start spinning and motherboard lights turn on, etc, but there are no beeps emitted from the case speaker and after about 6 seconds the computer reboots itself.

After rebooting it stays powered up, but doesn't do anything until i turn it off.

I've tried removing components and resetting the cmos to narrow down whats causing the issue and this same behavior occurs with just w/any combination of 2 sticks of ram and the processor plugged in.

It seems to me that the motherboard died b/c its not making *any* beeps when powered up, but this is my first time using this board so i'm not really sure.

I've contacted ASUS tech support but they haven't responded yet.. Does anyone have any other ideas that i should try? Does this sound like a motherboard problem??

thanks!

Is it possible that the PS would work for about 30 minutes and then totally crap out on me?

So I picked up a new power supply but it didn't change anything. My machine is still failing to POST. Looks like i am going to RMA the board unless anyone has any other ideas,

thanks,

Just in case anyone from the future comes across this thread, let it be known that the motherboard was dead. I got a new one and now everything works.

that sucks, I wonder why it died so quickly. Least you are back up and running.

Same problem here. Had all 6 memory slots populated, now I can only boot with 1 of them! Looks like I'll have to RMA. (This is on the regular P6T). What a disappointment.

Back