New Palm Pixi Plus for Verizon $65 no contract Ebay

You'll still have to pay for a VZW data plan if you try to activate it with them, if that's what you're thinking.

A better option would be to switch to Page Plus and activate it with them. Page Plus is a Verizon MVNO, which means they pay Verizon for the privilege of selling service using their network. PP's rates are dirt cheap and they never force you to buy a data plan. On the other hand, they really don't offer much in the way of data allowances; the largest you can get is 50MB with their $30 1200 minute/1200 text/50MB monthly plan.

Of course, if you're just getting it to use with Wifi like me, it's a moot point. I bought a PPP for almost the same price from cellselldeals and it'll be here on Monday. It would have been nice to buy one from this guy instead since he includes a headset...I'm jealous :mad:

Anyone who decides to jump on this should stop by their local Ratshack and see if they have any leftover Palm accessories. Don't go by their online inventory system; it's a buggy POS. Palm stuff has been on clearance for a while and there's a chance they might have some still in stock. I scored a pair of Touchstone chargers for $16, which is all kinds of awesome.

You'll still have to pay for a VZW data plan if you try to activate it with them, if that's what you're thinking.

A better option would be to switch to Page Plus and activate it with them. Page Plus is a Verizon MVNO, which means they pay Verizon for the privilege of selling service using their network. PP's rates are dirt cheap and they never force you to buy a data plan. On the other hand, they really don't offer much in the way of data allowances; the largest you can get is 50MB with their $30 1200 minute/1200 text/50MB monthly plan.

Of course, if you're just getting it to use with Wifi like me, it's a moot point. I bought a PPP for almost the same price from cellselldeals and it'll be here on Monday. It would have been nice to buy one from this guy instead since he includes a headset...I'm jealous :mad:

Anyone who decides to jump on this should stop by their local Ratshack and see if they have any leftover Palm accessories. Don't go by their online inventory system; it's a buggy POS. Palm stuff has been on clearance for a while and there's a chance they might have some still in stock. I scored a pair of Touchstone chargers for $16, which is all kinds of awesome.

Very, very informative post, thanks and virtual + rep. :)

If I may ask did you find out about this carrier through some main website? I have a hard time finding niche service providers, and I want to get a cheap plan in a few months. If only there was some site that just tells you about all the service providers in your area.

Also, are there any homebrew or custom firmware possibilities for this phone?

I found out about Page Plus through Slickdeals.net, which is also where I learned about the Pixi Plus.

If you'd like to compare different prepaid providers, two excellent resources are Prepaidreviews.com and Howardforums.com. Prepaidreviews has - you guessed it - reviews and Howardforums has a huge community of cell phone junkies who know far, far more than I do :p.

Having done my research, I can tell you that Page Plus has the lowest rate for pay-go (4 cents per minute with the $80/2000 minute refill card) and the largest network (Verizon). And they allow you to bring your own phone. You just can't beat that.

I really can't give you much information about the Pixi Plus' finer points because this will be my first smartphone and I'm still not 100% sure about what exactly can be done with it. The best I can say is that the folks at Precentral.net say that this can be overclocked from 500 MHz to ~806 MHz and it does do homebrew. WebOS is touted as being extremely customizable out of the box and IIRC some of the Precentral seemed to say they were satisfied with how the devs were being treated.

I found out about Page Plus through Slickdeals.net, which is also where I learned about the Pixi Plus.

If you'd like to compare different prepaid providers, two excellent resources are Prepaidreviews.com and Howardforums.com. Prepaidreviews has - you guessed it - reviews and Howardforums has a huge community of cell phone junkies who know far, far more than I do :p.

Having done my research, I can tell you that Page Plus has the lowest rate for pay-go (4 cents per minute with the $80/2000 minute refill card) and the largest network (Verizon). And they allow you to bring your own phone. You just can't beat that.

I really can't give you much information about the Pixi Plus' finer points because this will be my first smartphone and I'm still not 100% sure about what exactly can be done with it. The best I can say is that the folks at Precentral.net say that this can be overclocked from 500 MHz to ~806 MHz and it does do homebrew. WebOS is touted as being extremely customizable out of the box and IIRC some of the Precentral seemed to say they were satisfied with how the devs were being treated.

Save $10 and buy the same phone from 1saleaday.com

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back