New Path of Quality Sound Righteousness

Stu55

[H]ard|Gawd
I have wanted to upgrade my overall sound experience for awhile now, and playing the games that I do I want some better sounding headphones. My Sennheiser EH150's mic just broke the other day. I am not really too happy with the overall quality of the sound of them either. I want some bigger nicer quality headphones. I do not want to spend over $100 on the headphones. Another question, how are wireless headphones? Are they poor quality, laggy? What would be some good choices. Keep in mind that I just have onboard audio (Realtek ALC880), but I am considering a new soundcard as well, any suggestions?

If you can stand "on the ear headphones" the AKG K 81 DJ's are hard to beat for the price. :)

Another question, how are wireless headphones? Are they poor quality, laggy?

Yeah they do kinda suck (quality wise) compared to wired phones.
Plus they are heavy and you have to deal with the frigging batteries dying all of the time.

Yeah I suppose the wireless headphones cons would outweigh the pros. I think I some open circumaural headphones because I do wear them for an extended amount of time (gaming, music, etc.). Little question on open circumaural though, is the amount of sound that is put out by they headphones a lot as in people around you can hear what you are hearing, and same with is the amount of noise let in a lot?

You might try these, I have had them for about a monthand love them. Sennheiser HD 280 PRO. I got them from newegg, they are still on sale for 89.99+shipping. These are the best sounding can I have ever had or heard.

I've heard the HD280 Pro. They are worth their price tag (online, not brick and mortar stores).

Can anyone recommend the hd555's? My friend has them and likes them... I am kind of wanting the open circumaural headphones though for my situation.

Never tried the 555s but I love Sennheiser. If you've got more cash to blow, check out the 595s. They rule.

However at the $100 pricepoint, I'd lean more towards the ATH-500s. They are amazingly good headphones for the money and don't need an amp to sound good.

ATH-500's here and they are amazing. My friend tried my cans and told me that my 500's were better than my other friends Senn's, which cost more. Idk which model though.

FLAC+X-fi+ATH500's= Superb
EAX Games+X-fi+ATH500's= Insane

Back