New Power Supply really let my overclock go

Tripp17

Gawd
I use to have a PC Power@cooling 750 silencer, then i got a 3930K and over clocked it to 4.8, and with my 690 overclocked a bit it was strugling as my PSU was really making high pitched noise during benchmarks, ect.. long story short i got a PC Power&cooling MkIII 1200 silencer and i can now overclock higher in both cpu, 5.2 and 690 at + 140 on core/ +500 mem. Best part is it NEVER makes high pitched sounds ever, no matter what i throw at it, the fan doesnt even turn on untill the PSU is at 50%. Anyone who thinks they may just be getting by with their current PSU and set-up, do urself a favor and upgrade. Good stuff!!

Probably a loose wire you got tight when you installed the other P/S.

I'm a big fan of PC Power & Cooling P/S's but there is no way extra watts to your CPU or your videocard made a lick of difference that would be addressed in going from one overkill P/S to another. You probably never exceed 250 watts even under heavy benching. Perhaps your old P/S was failing.

I'm a big fan of PC Power & Cooling P/S's but there is no way extra watts to your CPU or your videocard made a lick of difference that would be addressed in going from one overkill P/S to another. You probably never exceed 250 watts even under heavy benching. Perhaps your old P/S was failing.
250 watts with an oced 690 and oced 3930? lol try again as that would easily pull 550-600 watts during heavy benching.

yeah, im guessing i was pulling close to 630+ according to PC wattage caculator. My overclocks are up but the high pitched noise is now gone when benching. The MkIII 1200 is truely remarkable. I hate its color though... its white but you cant see it even in my little mid sized case.

I genreally like to get a little bit of overkill when it comes to PSU, as you can usually re-use when you upgrade it if you have a solid one :)

A 690 by itself is over 250w, lolwut?

Back